Tuesday's debate???

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Glock-O-Rican, Sep 28, 2020.

1. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

The old Cornpop chain trick.

FullClip likes this.
  2. scattershot

scattershot

Biden is about to get the covid 19 flu, haven’t you heard? He was ready, but ill health will force him to cancel. Poor guy.

Boundertom and FullClip like this.

3. GlockPolock

GlockPolock

I say it won’t be health related. No,no,no. Cannot use that. Transportation, family member has an extremely sensitive and private issue that requires his vast knowledge of things! YIKES.

DROBIAZG

nrajeff likes this.
  4. cbetts1

cbetts1

I wonder if ANTIFA/BLM have a plan to meet at Samson Pavilion on the university’s Health Education Campus, Western Reserve University (Site of debate). If a complete riot commenced, I bet the debate would be cancelled, how convenient for Joe. All it would take is one email/message from the handlers.

nrajeff likes this.
  5. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

We've had riots here in Cleveland. Would not be surprised if that's the plan again. All the businesses are boarding up.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cleveland-rioters-debate

nrajeff likes this.
  6. bdcochran

bdcochran

I believe the following:
    1. each contestant has an abbreviated stump speech about each topic. The general topics are already announced.
    2. there is no real "debate". it is a series of short speeches.
    3. each contestant has had consultants create written position statements of the opposing consultant and has framed questions and responses.
    4. Ronald Reagan's debate zingers were planned.
    5. The famous takedown of VP candidate Dan Quayle was prepared by the consultants having watched his previous appearances. "I knew Jack Kennedy and you are no Jack Kennedy" was planned, word for word.
    6. If you are a football fan still, the candidates prepare like NFL teams for the games during the season - films, statistics, evaluation of other team's members.

Of course the news articles are planned, down to the draft headlines. There are very few reporters and editors who are going to stay up all night writing original copy to be inserted in the newspaper presses at 4 am after the "debate" ends. If you don't think so, you have been watching too many dramas on television. "Stop the presses" is a good line in the movies, but it doesn't happen.

The candidates are fighting for the undecided voters, the swing voters. The "winner" of the "debate" is the guy who best promises a job, hope, and a place in the lifeboat.

7. IOmm

IOmm ╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ƩȠƩƦƓY╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣ Silver Member

When the debates happen I will post "I told you so". Biden is not scared people. Don't you know Alzheimer's patients are combative? :laughing::laughing:Trump will perform better, but like I said before, it will not be a "blowout". I really am surprised at how poor of political analyzers some of you are by thinking there will be no debate.

czsmithGT likes this.
  8. nrajeff

nrajeff

I predict Trump will wisely remind the country of the multiple good things he has accomplished during his short time in politics, all the more impressive because the Leftist Hate Machine has been furiously, relentlessly hounding him with a new attack every few months for the entire 3 1/2 years. It's really remarkable that anyone could accomplish so much while the full fury of multiple hate groups and the media have been unleashed against him, doing every dirty trick they can think of to hinder him and slow down his successes or pretend they don't exist or claim we have Obama to thank for them.

Biden will "try" to say Trump has hurt the country and done nothing good for it. Only the most deluded of his fans will actually believe that, since most of them are living better (stock market, employment gains, mortgage interest rates) than they were during the Obama dynasty.

PBCounty likes this.
  9. 9XX19mm

9XX19mm

Is that before or after Joe B. soils himself, tries to wander off the stage and is brought back to podium by his wife, and Chris Wallace drops the cue cards he had to hold up with Joe's helpful hints on them???

:animlol::animlol::animlol:

nrajeff and ThatGuyYouKnow like this.
  10. nrajeff

nrajeff

No one should be naïve enough to think this isn't mostly the case. The moment it was announced that Hillary lost, the "We will take him out by hook or crook" machine went into action. They haven't been too quiet about their goal. The coup you mention, if it happens, will probably not be a military assassination takeover like you saw in Banana Republic countries decades ago--more likely it will be challenges to the vote counts that go on for 6-12 months and the feuding over who won will end up in courts, appellate courts, maybe the Supreme Court if it's deemed the place to decide who won. Meanwhile, the USA will indeed be thrown into chaos, with cities burning and shooting in the streets, while the media keep scaring us with "Today's Covid Numbers."