Tucson match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bklynpete, Oct 11, 2010.

1. bklynpete

bklynpete Viet Nam Vet

I was planning on going there, but I was just asked to go to Mexico for 10 days to help my friend buy a house out there on the beach. She just made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Next year for sure guys.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I did not know that non-Mexican citizens could buy real property in Mexico.

3. jpa

jpa CLM

They can't buy beach property. However there are ways of doing things through a local holding corporation and such.

From http://www.mexicomatters.net/mexicorealestate/18_buyrealestateinmexico.php

4. bklynpete

bklynpete Viet Nam Vet

My friend is a CPA, and we just went to a Lawyer yesterday to set up a trust for herself. She has asked me to be involved with her lawyer with this trust, and for me to make any medical decisions if neccessary. The real estate market is also low in Mexico at this time, so she will find some really good deals, especially since she will be paying cash for her home. I also looked into doing this when there was a chance that Hillary would possibly be President. The only issue I had was not being able to bring my guns into the country legally, and other bs associated with Mexico. This will be an interesting experiance.