Tucker: Voters need to demand change from the GOP

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by glockman66, Jun 30, 2020.

1. glockman66

glockman66

2. G17Jake

G17Jake

When John McCain became the nominee, I had to ask myself what political party I belonged in. But it's hard to demand much when the other side has gone completely bats*** crazy. You can't draft good people to run for office. At some point war or surrender will be the only options.

3. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

I agree that the GOP must change.

Not sure why so many don’t like John McCain. I thought he would have been a good president and we wouldn’t be in the mess we are in with dark money and politics. At least I hope we wouldn’t be. Is the hatred towards him because Trump hated him? I just don’t get it.

4. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

5. Intolerant

Intolerant

McCain was a traitor. A democRAT dressed up as a republican. That is why McCain was hated. McCain was hated long before Trump ever got elected. It has nothing to do with Trump in what you`re saying. Trump exposed him, Trump called McCain out many times, that is all. The research and proof is out there.

Valmet, Deltic, jr24 and 5 others like this.
  6. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Interesting. I'll read up on it.

In what way was McCain a traitor?

7. Intolerant

Intolerant

As i already said... "The research and proof is out there."

8. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Ok, I'll do some homework on my own.

However if by "traitor" you mean he betrayed the party line I don't have any sympathy for that. I care more about what the man had done for the country than the Republican Party. All political parties do very stupid things just to stay in power. Sometimes one has to buck the party to do what is right.

9. Intolerant

Intolerant

10. IvanVic

IvanVic

If you think he’s talking about John McCain, you missed the point. Hint: he’s not referring to a dead guy when he’s talking about politicians who need to do a better job.

n2g and ScottMn like this.
  11. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

We do need a harder breed of GOP politician in general. It's too hard to get the right sort to run though considering it's non stop character assassination. I'd make a good administrator, but I don't have the personality that people find gravitating, which is what wins elections. Then there's the money involved...

12. G17Jake

G17Jake

I don't think Tucker is talking about John McCain. I mention him as an example of when the GOP could have done much better. I never liked McCain. I didn't trust McCain long before Donald Trump had even entered politics. These are my personal feelings based on McCain the politician. I haven't even looked into what is true or not about his military service. McCain or Obama.... the downward spiral was picking up speed that election.

Intolerant likes this.
  13. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

The loser Senator from Utah.
    :)

Intolerant and G17Jake like this.
  14. jr24

jr24

Indeed it does. There's a reason I didn't vote for Romney or McCain, they were just as bad as Obama (and you'll never convince me otherwise) that probably could have done more damage with GOP support from the weak RINOS.

This is the first Presidential election I'll actually vote for a republican since... I can't recall if I actually voted for Bush or not, and wasn't old enough during the Clinton years.

Most of the GOP is just a bunch of weak centrists afraid of bad press to actually have guys and who are just as determined to spend us into oblivion and steal our rights. They just start with different rights (Patriot Act!) and are less overt in their gun grabbing (see support for Red Flag Laws and Romney floating AR bans in the past).

Garbage, most of them. But this time around the Ds are so BatSchiff crazy protest votes are too dangerous to gamble on, so Trump it is.

As an aside, apart from some of his Tweeting, I have been absolutely happy with Trump, and will vote for him with a smile.

Intolerant likes this.
  15. tm255

tm255

TC makes a good point, but, what exactly are we supposed to do to "demand change from the GOP?"

16. Intolerant

Intolerant

Supporting the constitution & bill of rights would be a good place to start.
    Grow a back bone. Fix their legs from being able to kick the can down the road to often.
    Last but not least, train them that they work for us, we dont work for them.

Eliminate the "Bush Patriot Act"

jr24 likes this.
  17. EOS

EOS National Capitalist

The GOP is nothing but controlled opposition at this point. They’re complicit in the destruction of this country. And in some cases have been outright perpetrators.

Kablam, Intolerant and jr24 like this.
  18. Intolerant

Intolerant

Most of them on both sides are the enemy to this country. Most need replacing by constitutionals.
    We need people ELECTED that stand for the constitution, not stand on it, or wipe their arse with it.

jr24 likes this.
  19. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock

Most people would do "a little homework" ......BEFORE attempting to be relevant and post uninformed drivel on a public forum, if for no other reason than not to be embarrassed...... but we all know that liberal leftists have no humility.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 3:17 PM
    Intolerant likes this.
  20. tm255

tm255

Yes I agree that they should be given hell, but I'm not sure what would be effective. Calls? Emails? Letters? Threatening to not vote for them seems like it would not be effective because the alternative choices are Demsheviks.