Tucked in dress shirt- which holster?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cubbyjg, Mar 16, 2010.

1. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

Right now i carry owb in a desantis thumb break scabbard which is great for me. While this is perfect for when i wear a t-shirt and jeans, it doesnt work when i have to wear a dress shirt and tuck it in. I have been debating whether or not a shoulder rig would work in those instances. Is it even possible to wear a shoulder rig underneath a dress shirt? I am not interested in an iwb. I tried one before i picked up the desantis and wasnt feeling it. On another thread, someone mentioned the 5.11 holster shirt (didnt want to thread jack). How do those hold up with a g26?

2. AngryPanda

AngryPanda Is he a troll?

Ankle it, or a belly band maybe. I bet you could make shoulder rig work but seems like it would be even slower than an ankle what with the buttons and all.

3. akgunnut

akgunnut

I had this same problem since I started going back to school.

I tried Smart Carry and it seems to be the best solution to the problem and I carry my G19 to school everyday using Smart Carry!

4. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

I tried the smartcarry before the desantis. I just couldnt get it to be comfortable. I sent it back on Monday to get a refund. How are the belly bands for a glock 26? I didnt think about that option until angrypanda mentioned it.

5. AngryPanda

AngryPanda Is he a troll?

Couldn't tell you, never used one just know people that do. I'm not sure if any of them carry a G26 but i'll ask around.

6. willowofwisp

willowofwisp

comp-tac mtac works. i have used it several times when tucking a shirt

7. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

A Smartcarry or a Comp-Tac shirt tucker.

8. theGreenAggie

theGreenAggie

Wow, really? I have a smart carry and a G23 (same frame as the G19) and I haven't been able to carry them together. Do you wear the holster a little to the side? The problem that I was having was the end of the magazine was sticking out. I don't think most people would think "hey, he has a gun!" but I do think most everyone would realize there was something strange going on under my pants :tongueout:

9. ranger56528

ranger56528

I have the Defender bellyband from Active pro gear and carry both the 19 & 26,a couple of downfalls are if ya need to draw in a hurry it will be a challange with shirt tucked in and reholstering..The nice thing is you can postion the handgun in a lot of differant areas and you dont have the extra weight on your pants......For 35 bucks its not all that bad and if ya dont like it your not out much....It makes useing the public bathroom much nicer Hahahaha being your not trying to keep your IWB/OWB holster from being at your feet....

10. ranger56528

ranger56528

No Laughing.
    Here is a pic with me wearing a t-shirt and Defender bellyband with the G26.
    [​IMG]

11. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

The no IWB really limits you. Most people address this problem with a "tuckable" holster. For what your carrying and how you dont want to carry it about all there is is a belly band or ankle glove as posted above.

12. easyg

easyg

Ankle holster.

13. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

The problem i was having was it would keep riding back up to my waist no matter what. I put the thing on so tight that i thought i would break the elastic band. I put it around my buttocks just to keep it low but then i couldnt sit down. Or if i was able to get it low, once i sat down with jeans and a belt on, the back of the gun would push up against my belt and into my stomach.

14. akgunnut

akgunnut

Actually yes I have to do the same thing you describe. I have to position the holster side so that the baseplate of the magazine sits just to the left of my right leg. I been wearing it everyday to school and haven't been "made" yet. When was the last time you caught yourself looking at someone's crotch? :whistling:

15. facsec2405

facsec2405

16. Steff1

Steff1

It sounds like you want to keep it on your person, but what about your book bag, or one of those "Hidden Agendas" by Galco .....just a thought

17. theGreenAggie

theGreenAggie

Actually now that you mention it, I've never "made" anybody. When I started carrying I used to worry a lot about people noticing, but no one ever has. And ever since I started I've tried to find other people carrying, but I've never really done it. I've definitely seen / spoken with some people in public who I knew were carrying, but I've never been able to locate someone's concealed weapon...

18. Brown Hawk

Brown Hawk CLM

What was the IWB problem? I'm one of thousands who use IWB daily. The main problem is usually the belt, second the holster. What was your problem? If we knew that, it might also guide info on other types of holsters for you.

I use a good stiff belt and a tuckable IWB Tucker Gunleather "Answer" holster. Tucker also has good gun belts that look great with dress clothes.

Hawk

19. Cajun

Cajun

20. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

For me, i just didnt like to have the added thickness of the gun inside my pants. Plus, the waists on my pants have been tailored to fit snug and i do not want to have to buy new pants. Majority of the time i will be carrying, i will use OWB method. Im just looking for something for those random occasions (wedding, concert, church, etc) where OWB is not the best option. I think i will try the 5.11 holster shirt or the belly band.