close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trying to readjust my backsight

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by readyfireaim, Feb 7, 2010.

1. readyfireaim

readyfireaim

A buddy and I went shooting tonight, and I let him use my 9mm (Kel-Tec PF9) for a while as I was shooting other guns. I didn't notice until after I'd shot a couple magazines that he'd adjusted the backsight (I'm left-handed, he's right-handed), and all of my shots kept going down and to the left of center mass despite where my frontsight was pointing. I didn't have time to adjust my backsight before we left the range so I'm not sure which way I need to adjust it to get it back the way it was, but if my shots are going to the left when I'm lining up my sights, should I move the backsight to the right to hit center? Is there a way I can tell if my shot will be centered without going to the range? I'd hate to have to use my gun in the interim and have my shot placement off because of my sights.

2. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Move the rear sight to the right to make the point of impact move to the right. (always move the rear sight in the direction that you want the point of impact to move)

But, sight adjustment shouldn't make any differance between a left or right handed shooter. I think your buddy may have been adjusting the sights to try to compensate for bad shooting form or imporper sight picture. No telling exactly how much you'll need to move the sights to get your zero back, but dead center usually is a good starting point.

Another good reason to not let anybody tinker with your weapons.