Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get maximum points for the annual Air Force PT test for my age bracket I'm 44. Last year I ran 11:32 with 4 months preparation, then decided to keep it up all year. Last week (which was cold and 15+Mph winds) at the 1/4 mile track I decided to do some splits. My first lap was 84 seconds, the second 93, third 103, and fourth 105, with 20-30 seconds rest between. Then I ran 2 laps at 3:38 minutes, then ended with 2 miles untimed. I've added 1 mile of 4% inclines at 5.5 mph to my TM workouts in Jan and been running 5 miles 3-4 times a week since the middle of March, previously only doing 5ks 3-4 times a week throughout the year. I am about 10 pounds overwieght so it might be best to focus on that. Anyhow what would be good six week plan to reach the goal?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Maybe you're routine is working, just needs help diet wise? Sounds like you're making a lot of progress.
I'd say drink grapefruit juice in place of soft drinks. And keep doing what you're doing.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're right, at this point the wieght would shave off more time than pushing training.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts