Trying to fine tune 1.5 mile run in six weeks

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Sechott, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Sechott

Sechott

To get maximum points for the annual Air Force PT test for my age bracket I'm 44. Last year I ran 11:32 with 4 months preparation, then decided to keep it up all year. Last week (which was cold and 15+Mph winds) at the 1/4 mile track I decided to do some splits. My first lap was 84 seconds, the second 93, third 103, and fourth 105, with 20-30 seconds rest between. Then I ran 2 laps at 3:38 minutes, then ended with 2 miles untimed. I've added 1 mile of 4% inclines at 5.5 mph to my TM workouts in Jan and been running 5 miles 3-4 times a week since the middle of March, previously only doing 5ks 3-4 times a week throughout the year. I am about 10 pounds overwieght so it might be best to focus on that. Anyhow what would be good six week plan to reach the goal?

2. APERS

APERS

Maybe you're routine is working, just needs help diet wise? Sounds like you're making a lot of progress.
    I'd say drink grapefruit juice in place of soft drinks. And keep doing what you're doing.

3. Sechott

Sechott

I think you're right, at this point the wieght would shave off more time than pushing training.