Trying to find a real comfortable holster for a G30

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Scott A Para, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Patriot04

Patriot04 Bulldog, Bulldog this is Savoy 6...

High Noon Holster. N82 Holsters

2. Glock21sf-miami

Glock21sf-miami

After trying about 15 different holsters I settled on a Crossbreed Supertuck and never turned back

3. t-shooter

t-shooter

A few random thoughts for your consideration:

1. I suggest that you challenge all of your assumptions including your choice of weapon, carry position, holster type, clothing style, et al. You may find that the thicker slide of the 30 just does not work for you. For many the double stack 9MM, 40, 357 Sig Glocks are too thick for optimum comfort. I must admit that the Glock 48 is my favorite for carrying IWB because it is so thin.

2. I have three drawers full of holsters most of which see little if any use. This is a natural result of thinking something that works great for someone else will work well for me; only to discover that it does not work for me or is made obsolete due to life style changes.

3. I have observed that in general leather holsters are thicker than kydex. For OWB that is fine. For IWB I stick with kydex.

4. This is a journey, not a destination. What works for you this year may not work next year when you gain/lose weight, change dress styles, change to a less or more permissive concealment environment, et al.

Enjoy the journey and stay safe.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    tuica and Bullwinkle J Moose like this.
  4. Swipter

Swipter

I had a Vedder light tuck for my shield I didn't remember. I found it and started using it. I liked it so much I bought one for my g19. The adjustments are great on that one.

5. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

DeSantis Cozy Partner. Well made and very comfortable for not much money. I believe I paid about $35 for my last one.

6. tuica

tuica

I tried a few brands, and now only use Glock’s Sport/Combat. Some people hate them, but it’ll only cost you about $15 to find out. Do I carry much? Everyday. For several hours. One size for thinner Glocks. {Except for G48, G43, etc.} Wider one for the G30. Good luck in your search.

7. Gokyo

Gokyo

Only holster I even consider buying is a Milt sparke Versa Max II

8. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

This. It's the gold standard for IWB. It's all I use.