GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
A few random thoughts for your consideration:

1. I suggest that you challenge all of your assumptions including your choice of weapon, carry position, holster type, clothing style, et al. You may find that the thicker slide of the 30 just does not work for you. For many the double stack 9MM, 40, 357 Sig Glocks are too thick for optimum comfort. I must admit that the Glock 48 is my favorite for carrying IWB because it is so thin.

2. I have three drawers full of holsters most of which see little if any use. This is a natural result of thinking something that works great for someone else will work well for me; only to discover that it does not work for me or is made obsolete due to life style changes.

3. I have observed that in general leather holsters are thicker than kydex. For OWB that is fine. For IWB I stick with kydex.

4. This is a journey, not a destination. What works for you this year may not work next year when you gain/lose weight, change dress styles, change to a less or more permissive concealment environment, et al.

Enjoy the journey and stay safe.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had a Vedder light tuck for my shield I didn't remember. I found it and started using it. I liked it so much I bought one for my g19. The adjustments are great on that one.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
DeSantis Cozy Partner. Well made and very comfortable for not much money. I believe I paid about $35 for my last one.

Reactions: CTM_357

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I tried a few brands, and now only use Glock’s Sport/Combat. Some people hate them, but it’ll only cost you about $15 to find out. Do I carry much? Everyday. For several hours. One size for thinner Glocks. {Except for G48, G43, etc.} Wider one for the G30. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Only holster I even consider buying is a Milt sparke Versa Max II

·
Registered
456 Posts
All my guns ride in Mitch Rosen UPL-EXP's.
My G17-5 in one made for a G26.
I don't like "canted" holsters or IWB.
The UPL keeps the gun high and tight against my ribs.
I'm 5'9" and weigh 170 and can wear the G17 under a t-shirt.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I tried a few brands, and now only use Glock’s Sport/Combat. Some people hate them, but it’ll only cost you about $15 to find out. Do I carry much? Everyday. For several hours. One size for thinner Glocks. {Except for G48, G43, etc.} Wider one for the G30. Good luck in your search.
Me To !!!! Results of my holster tests
I have always liked the Glock S/C holster for OWB carry over any others I have which is boxes of them in leather , plastic and Kydex . Both cheap and expensive as well a few custom built ones
Thinking about if I was jaded in my choice I decided to run some tests . Using my Glock 19 that I wear everyday from get up to go to bed .
Wearing the same belt and the 19 , I tried each of 8 holsters for a week of carry to check out if I was right about the S/C . I would use one holster for 7 days of carry and them change to another for the next 7 days .
Some didn't feel right and where not very comfortable but I toughed it out.
After 8 weeks of this I decided the S/C was my favorite and I was right all along . I do use the larger frame S/C holster when I do carry my G30 but not very often . But it works just as well for me as the small frame size for my 19 .

"LONG LIVE THE TEA PARTY"

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just went through this with a g29, waiting for my Okami in horse hide from Ronin Leathers.
Going to look something like this in a saddle color.

·
Registered
953 Posts
All my guns ride in Mitch Rosen UPL-EXP's.
My G17-5 in one made for a G26.
I don't like "canted" holsters or IWB.
The UPL keeps the gun high and tight against my ribs.
I'm 5'9" and weigh 170 and can wear the G17 under a t-shirt.

Does that holster have some sort of curve or twist so it is tight to the body? I'm intrigued. Can you post a pic of the underside?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I really want to like my LightTuck but it has nearly zero retention even fully cranked down.
This post doesn’t make any sense to me. When I tighten the retention screw on both of my LightTuck holsters I can get some really good retention. If I were you I’d call Vedder and explain the issue. They will take care of your issue and probably replace your holster for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Anti-Federalist
17,773 Posts
This post doesn’t make any sense to me. When I tighten the retention screw on both of my LightTuck holsters I can get some really good retention. If I were you I’d call Vedder and explain the issue. They will take care of your issue and probably replace your holster for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure it's a design flaw. Retention on most holsters is applied at the the trigger guard. Can't do that with a light attached holster so they apply the retention to the light. I don't think a replacement would fare any better.

I also question their quality control. The ride hide mounting hardware holes and the metal hardware didn't align and couldn't be adjusted to ride higher because the holes wouldn't line up. Even in the original configuration the metal hardware wasn't seated in the holes because of the alignment issue. I had to over-size one of the holes to get it to fit correctly. I find it extremely hard to believe that this wasn't noted when they assembled the holster, they must have had to fight to get close the first time.

I shouldn't have that many issues with a ~$90 holster.

·
Da Da
7,140 Posts
I carried my G30 in a CrossBreed SuperTuck for many years.

Excellent holster for that and the G19.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's a design flaw. Retention on most holsters is applied at the the trigger guard. Can't do that with a light attached holster so they apply the retention to the light. I don't think a replacement would fare any better.

I also question their quality control. The ride hide mounting hardware holes and the metal hardware didn't align and couldn't be adjusted to ride higher because the holes wouldn't line up. Even in the original configuration the metal hardware wasn't seated in the holes because of the alignment issue. I had to over-size one of the holes to get it to fit correctly. I find it extremely hard to believe that this wasn't noted when they assembled the holster, they must have had to fight to get close the first time.

I shouldn't have that many issues with a ~$90 holster.
That's crazy, I would still call their customer service and explain your issues and dissatisfaction to them. I wouldn't keep a holster and forfeit the money for something I wasn't happy with. The 2 I have are great but they certainly aren't cheap. Good luck to you, stay safe.

·
Millenium #3936
6,232 Posts
I really do like this gun but if I can not find a comfortable holster she is going to be a safe queen or I will just rid of it.
I hate to tell you this bro but carrying a weapon isnt pleasant. It takes effort, tolerance, stamina and a little ruggedness. Just be glad you are not having to carry a sword and shield.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,773 Posts
I hate to tell you this bro but carrying a weapon isnt pleasant. It takes effort, tolerance, stamina and a little ruggedness. Just be glad you are not having to carry a sword and shield.

Something about it being comforting not comfortable.

Anyways I've been doing it so long I don't even really notice anymore.

Reactions: SWFlGuy
21 - 40 of 61 Posts