close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trying to decide Gen3 17L or Gen4 34?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kpk102084, Mar 18, 2012.

1. kpk102084

kpk102084

Hey guys I'm not a hardcore Glock owner, although they are my favorite pistol I've only owned a Gen2 17, Gen3 17, and a Gen3 19.

I've had XD's, etc, but always come back to the Glock.

Anyways I'm wanting a long 9mm for fun, long range pistol shooting/plinking, etc. I just don't know what to do. I can get a Gen4 34 really cheap or a Gen3 17L for probably $100 more. I'm really just wondering about the Gen4.

I've read their have been lots of problems with them and wondering if I'd be better off sticking with the tried and true design rather than the Gen4.

Also on the factory long Glocks would you change the sights to something fixed or what?

Thanks!!

BTW, yes I'm a troll, usually find all the info I can handle w/o posting, but I can't seem to find much new info on the Gen4...unless I'm blind...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. SCC

SCC Member Me

welcome to GT !!!
    CAN'T SAY MUCH ABOUT THE 34 !!!
    I ONLY HAVE THE 17-L..

3. 69HEMI-R/T

69HEMI-R/T

I don't own a gen 4 anything but I do have a Gen 3 G17L. If you are just using it for fun and not actual competition, get the G17L and you will be happy.
    If you intend to actually shoot in competitions with it, the G34 is a better choice.
    Just handle them both and decide. I love my G17L, though.

4. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

I picked up a G34 Gen4 late last year, and it was equipped with all the new internals, along with the "shiny" finish. No problems firing anything out of it. It ate up all the crappy and high quality ammo I fed it.

Regarding the sights--I'm still up in the air about that. The adjustable sights are classic Glock sights and to the job well. I have seen (but not shot) Dawson and Warren sights installed on the longer models, but for now I'm good.