Trying to catch a bass...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Usingmyrights, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

There's a couple bass that hang out under the floating dock in the lake behind my house. I've had a brim under it come up to me multiple times and try to nibble at me. So one day I took a plastic worm and just wiggled it with my figures in the water. Nothing hit it, but they came in for a closer look.

Yesterday I set the pole on the dock and spooled out a few feet of line. I'm in the water, and working the worm at an arms lenght away with about a foot of line between my hand and the worm. I almost caught him to. He hit it pretty hard, but I think that the 7.5" worm, which kinda balled up when he hit it was too much for him to swallow. Had him come in a couple other times too. I'd like to catch him using this "hand line" method within the next few weeks. I will say there nothing like seeing a bass hit a worm,in the water, in person for less then 2' away.

2. Grimsi

Grimsi Restored member

Just don't do it skinny dipping, might go for the wrong "worm"!

3. Pepiot

Pepiot Yippee ki-yay...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

I think the bass would think it was a snake;) , I've fished the lake quite a bit, usually hitting around the weed beds. I found the fish under the dock one day when I was out swimming, and had seen them a few times since. They didn't seem scared of us, so I figured why not try a hand line.