Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got off the treadmill in the garage. 4:21. 3:00 of that was a fast walk. my legs barely worked well enough to get me back up the stairs.

about 2 years ago i was doing 40-60 min a few times a week. got a job in long haul trucking and a combination of the odd hours and personal issues with exercising in public pretty thoroughly killed my endurance. did keep enough of a handle on my diet to not gain any weight.

got a new local job last november, and my schedule evened out enough i started trying to get back into shape. fell apart a few months ago. did something to my hip that makes it painful to walk for more than 30-40 min, so after work i was not doing much exercise. just as that was finally getting better hurt my back real bad from regular use of a company truck with REALLY bad seats. got a new truck but was in a LOT of pain for a few weeks till my chiropractor got me back into shape. to top that off my walk got so messed up during that time that it re injured my hip.

some encouragement from my wife, and i am back at it today. will be a long process, but im looking forward to not feeling pathetic after a short run.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

Keep working.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, improving, slowly. My wife is providing much needed encouragement and reminders to do it. Always easy to forget.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
You might consider throwing in a few yoga classes and some spinning classes. Spinning is great for cardiovascular and doesn't destroy your knees in the process. Yoga will help your flexibility and endurance. THere are a ton of yoga classes on Satellite if you're shy about public exercise.

My wife is a yoga instructor and I take her classes 6 days a week plus her cycle classes. Best combo for fitness. Weight lifting is another story.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
What's not to love with yoga?[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_SE2gQwXoo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_SE2gQwXoo[/ame]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts