close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truth to the Rumor?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cinergi, Jun 22, 2006.

1. cinergi

cinergi

That there was a GSSF-IM at the Lauhorner Indoor Arms & Archery Adventure range in Springfield, Oh on Jun 17th.

c

2. jbeck

jbeck

What does -IM mean?

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

IM= instant message or indoor match

not sure if it's a rumor or not but there was a match

4. Ghost361

Ghost361

How do we find out about those matches in the future.

5. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

yes there was an indoor on Saturday. I shot in it. Waiting for the results to be posted.

Nice place and people IMO.

6. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

To find out about indoor matches go to gssfonline.com and hit under the category of indoor matches. Then, when you get in to that category, go to schedules. It will tell you the schedules of matches all over the US of A.

7. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

By the way. There is one at New Albany Shooting Range (NASR) on Saturday, June 24 and the second one at BlackwingSC on July 8th. These are if you're in Ohio. Vandalia, Ohio will start having them soon, but I don't know the dates.

8. Ghost361

Ghost361

What kinds of prizes do they have at the indoor matches?

9. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

First of all, they use the Lewis system and have the A B and C categories. First place wins a nice plaque for the category and a Glock windbreaker (they are really nice). Second place in the category wins a Glock t-shirt and Third place wins a Glock Hat. Then, if you go on GSSFonline.com, you can see the winners posted for various matches throughout the states, for A, B and C. Also, for everytime you enter, you get a chance to win a Glock. Every club which hosts the indoor matches raffles off a Glock. The matches are for three months and you have to have shot in two out of the three months to be eligible for prizes and the raffle. The type of gun varies from club to club. Sometimes it's a G19, other times it could be a G23. Springfield is raffling off a G23c. I've even seen a G17 given away. Most of all, what I get from the indoor matches is fun. I meet neat people and help improve my shooting skills. It's neat and great fun. That's what I take away from indoor matches and that's what I get from the outdoor ones as well - a great time!:cool:

10. 50X

50X

I'm thinking that if they (Springfield) don't get the results posted before tomorrow that Vern (Shotgun Walker) will have the results from the New Albany match that will be shot tomorrow posted tomorrow, the same day of the match because he's that good.

11. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Yep, Vern gets them done fast and accurate! The last time he had them done, the entire three month match results by that evening. When I talked to him, he said he would have had them finished earlier but he had to mow his grass! Other Indoor Glock match ranges should take lessons from Vern on how to set them up and post the scores. He would be glad to show them, too. :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley:

12. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i've never had to total scores for a match of any kind but i shoot IDPA and USPSA at several ranges and they can get the results posted quicker. vern maybe be like greesed lightening getting the scores posted but it sure seems after a few days whoever could get the GSSF results posted. even GSSF has results up within 24 hours or so of the end of the match. and i'm sure that's alot more work to total than an indoor match. i'm about ready to drop an indoor match or two instead of waiting on results to be posted.

13. jantydog

jantydog

Springfield got their 3/18 and 5/20 results out quickly to this forum. I have not seen the 6/17 results. They may be on their website but I am having trouble accessing it for some reason.