close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trump was right...literally

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by MinervaDoe, Jan 13, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

1. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/01/trump_was_rightliterally.html

Trump was right...literally

When President Trump asked why the U.S. should accept immigrants from third-world nations he allegedly characterized as "s-holes," liberals (and some neo-conservatives) howled with outrage, branding the president a bigot and a racist.

But...was Mr. Trump right? Perhaps far more than his opponents would like to admit. Don't take my word for it – take the word of the liberal, globalist United Nations, which celebrated its annual "World Toilet Day" and named its "Toilet Heroes" last November 19.

Here are a few interesting statistics, straight from the U.N.:

- Around 60% of the global population – 4.5 billion people – have either no toilet at home or one that doesn't safely manage excreta.

-862 million people worldwide still practi[c]e open defecation.

- 1.8 billion people use an unimproved source of drinking water with no protection against contamination from [feces].

- Globally, 80% of the wastewater generated by society flows back into the ecosystem without being treated or reused.

- Only 39% of the global population (2.9 billion people) use a safely[] managed sanitation service [–] that is, excreta safely disposed of in situ or treated off-site.

- Combined with safe water and good hygiene, improved sanitation could prevent around 842,000 deaths each year.

Wow! Sixty percent of the world's population has no effective toilet in the home? And we expect that these people are going to emigrate to the U.S. and become rocket scientists and nuclear engineers? Lots of luck with that.

"Open defecation" is, apparently, a pretty big problem in the third world – particularly in India. The liberal Washington Post, which excoriated Trump for his comments, reported on this last fall.

How about the places President Trump cited – Africa, Haiti, and Norway? According to the World Bank, open defecation is practiced by 55% of the population of Benin, 76% of the population of Eritrea, 42% of Liberia, and 44% of Madagascar. In Niger (where four U.S. troops died last fall), 71% defecate openly. Nineteen percent of the population of Haiti still practices open defecation, down from 38% in 2000.

And Norway? Zero percent.

Ramjet38, Tickhill, varget and 9 others like this.
  2. Death-Ninja

Death-Ninja

I hold an entirely different perspective of this, first and foremost Trump didn't say anything even remotely offensive, its was simply the truth, and democrats know that truth is their single greatest foe. Which brings us to the second observation, I have all week now witnessed firsthand, so-called news organizations such as CNN, CBS, NBC, and all of the rest, along with the entire DNC and most of the RNC too, raging on and on about racism, and how Trump is the enemy of us all, many openly calling for his overthrow, and rebellion.

There is last I checked, absolutely no such liberty enumerated within the bill of rights, allowing for the press to carry on an open(or secreted)campaign of sedition against the lawfully elected leader of the United States and I would ask why Jeff Sessions hasn't hauled off several very high profile seditionists such as the entire on air staff at CNN as examples, locking them up absent any bail whatsoever and then having them tried and convicted for the sowing of rebellion within and against the lawful government of the United States of America?

3. Death-Ninja

Death-Ninja

Remember this,

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...rs-mention-illegal-aliens-diseases-go-to-jail

Wednesday, 02 July 2014
    Government to Doctors: Mention Illegal Aliens' Diseases, Go to Jail

4. thewitt

thewitt

5. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

6. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

From the article...
    Between homelessness and illegals, CA is going broke. And the solution of liberal politicians is to let in more illegals and raise taxes to pay for it all.

CA just digs their hole deeper every day.

7. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

This would have been the USA and not just if she had won.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6znDRbS_Ww

Just Glocks and thewitt like this.
  8. plp

plp

In defense of India....

Due to their caste system, have a very widespread variety of lifestyles. I worked with a guy who had wifi in his home a year before I had ever heard of it, and is absolutely cutting edge as far as any type of electronic tech is concerned.

The couple whom cleaned their house and tended their yard lived in a 10'x12' shed in their back yard, and had a bucket for a toilet. The husband's family had worked for their family for over 300 years.

MinervaDoe likes this.
  9. ked

ked

Willard, Need4Speed, robhic and 2 others like this.
  10. B C

B C

I dunno, according to CNN, liberals are booking vacations to Haiti, El Salvador, and Somalia left and right.

Just Glocks and hammerkill like this.
  11. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

Throw away the (feel good "look at me") political correctness....Deep inside most (with a brain) know Trump is correct....
    ....(America was never good) >>>Leftist "Liberals" over look the ..."our country our rules" Why???...Because...again..they are done...nothing left to run on...NOTHING... and need future voters...The FEAR...for Liberals is real with Trump....(and his American supporters)

robhic and Just Glocks like this.
  12. thewitt

thewitt

I’ve been to Haiti. If I left something there, I won’t be going back for it...

B C, Just Glocks and hammerkill like this.
  13. vram74

vram74

Damn, that’s sad. He used the same hand to clean his face....

Guess we’re going to have to install open public toilets w/assmops like they used in Rome back in the day.

Just Glocks likes this.
  14. varget

varget

One of the reasons we stopped visiting downtown Austin years ago was the presence of feces on the sidewalks. Didn't think it was such a nice place after seeing and smelling that.

Just Glocks and First shot like this.
  15. "Doc" Cavalry

Haven’t been to downtown Austin in a few years. The panhandlers were pushy. We have a city ordnance here, the panhandling at exits stopped overnight. Rarely see anyone doing it now, and if you do, they aren’t there long.

Just Glocks, treg and First shot like this.
  16. "Doc" Cavalry

And he has two hands.

I’d feel comfortable saying he grew up in a S-hole country.

mcoe74, robhic, Just Glocks and 2 others like this.
  17. Pythonman

Pythonman

Haven’t seen where Trump hasn’t been right yet.

Caver 60, B C, robhic and 5 others like this.
  18. First shot

First shot

We had 8 years of George W., a silent punching bag for the MSM, then 8 years of "The Apologizer", who could do no wrong, now we've got President Trump. It's about d**n time that a President, yes a "President", just go right ahead and "tell it like it is". If someone is a liar, call them a liar. Don't *****foot around it McConell style. This latest "pantie wadding" deal is exactly what millions of Americans ask themselves (silently), every day. I know I do.

Caver 60, Just Glocks, treg and 5 others like this.
  19. "Doc" Cavalry

How many faux scandals has he survived now? That would be a huge project to count them all up.

Pythonman, robhic, MinervaDoe and 4 others like this.