"Trump unleashes Twitter attack..."

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by fortyofforty, Jan 14, 2017.

1. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

This is a good example of how the liberal Dolt-Left media works. Donald Trump gets attacked by a bitter little man like Congressman John Lewis. Then, when Trump responds, it's Trump who is unleashing an attack. How about "Bitter leftwing extremist John Lewis unleashes personal attack on Trump" as a headline? Nope. It's all about Trump attacking someone. The story, as it is, is technically true but because of how it's presented, it's slanted. Typical.

Trump unleashes Twitter attack against congressional critic

[​IMG]

6Actual, hogship, crockett and 5 others like this.
  2. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

The left doing what the left does.

hogship and janice6 like this.

3. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I check Trumps twitter feed every morning at this link: https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/

I hope Trump keeps it up. I think it is going to be very effective going forward. Clearly someone has his ear now and is helping him tame some of his impulsiveness.

When he stops and thinks about how things sound to the average Joe/Josephine he kicks Democrat ass every time.

Remember the Dubai Ports deal? How about the Gang of 8 Immigration Reform deal? Both of those were all set to become law until conservative talk radio mobilized the citizenry to swamp Washington switchboards with outrage (thanks Rush).

Trump is going directly to the source of real power without going through the middleman.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  4. refugeepj

refugeepj

the pic of the congressman seems to reflect shoes that are too tight, or perhaps panties in a bunch?
    an attack on Trump is depicted as justifiable, while any response becomes somehow improper.
    nice to have a leader who will strike back!
    we have too long been a punching bag.
    time to write our name in gasoline, and set that snot on fire, to paraphrase Halestorm.

5. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

That was the Associated Press. The New York Times is even more slanted. It's almost unbelievable.

‘All Talk, No Action,’ Trump Says in Attack on John Lewis, a Civil Rights Icon

Well, New York Times, how about this headline: "Congressman from crime-ridden district attacks President-Elect Trump"? No, the New York Times would NEVER print such a headline. It's all ATTACK TRUMP, 24/7. The media are the most corrupt in American history and tried to steal the election away from Trump.

72Cheyenne and ithaca_deerslayer like this.
  6. janice6

janice6

When you have no constructive answer to a problem ..........You Whine.
    It's in the "How to be a Liberal" handbook.

7. G19 DB

G19 DB

prolly this. :D

dudel likes this.
  8. fgutie35

fgutie35

The good thing is that the MSM is soo discredited now, that anything they say, is only heard by the few people that find comfort in an eco chamber, but has no impact on the average citizen. The spell has been broken; is just taking them some time to reverse they bias culture, because it had become second nature to them (the MSM).

9. Random

Random Banned

So in the headline they referred to Trump as "Trump" and the other guy as "a congressional critic".

You've interpreted that line as an attack on Trump by a biased liberal run media .

You're saying this is the "slanted" liberal attack version:
    "Trump unleashes Twitter attack against congressional critic"

And you are suggesting an alternate conservative version:
    "Bitter leftwing extremist John Lewis unleashes personal attack on Trump"

Oh. Wow.

I fully stand by my belief that this world would suck if we all thought the same. I'm happy you think differently from me. I don't get all the translations, connections, and logic, but at the very least it's interesting.

hooligan74 likes this.
  10. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

One of the talking heads, I think Bernie Goldberg, was spewing anti Trump supporter garbage. He said Trump believers (I think that's the term) didn't care how he acted on Twitter and it didn't bother them because ......... I forget why he said. He basically implied that Trump supporters were low brow knuckle-draggers.

Not being a "Trump true believer", I'm of the opinion that the reason it doesn't bother Trumpovics is because they are so used to seeing people on the right being attacked and demonized by the leftist media, they like seeing him hit back. I hope it continues to a degree, and I hope he delegitimizes the MSM and keeps hitting back at the left. I don't like it though when Rosie O'Doughnut hits at him and tries to bait him into a response. He should let those go.

happyguy likes this.
  11. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

There is no basis to say Trump is not legit.

He is our incoming president because I voted for him, and so did enough other people.

The Russians had nothing to do with it :)

The Russians didn't tell Hillary to be anti-gun.

The Russians didn't tell Hillary to be corrupt.

6Actual, steve4102, janice6 and 5 others like this.
  12. ARP

ARP

Remember before the election there were people on here saying our votes did not matter?

13. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

The libs have never seen anything like this! They don't know how to handle a Republican that fights back. Lewis is a failure in congress. Trump is right that Lewis' district is a chit hole with lots of issues.

14. ARP

ARP

I heard an interesting thought this AM on Breitbart. People like Lewis and Watters and Cummins, Jackson, Rangel.......what do they have in common? They old, some of the last connections to the 60s civil rights movement. Who replaces them? The bench is thin, just like the Dz.

happyguy and rock_castle like this.
  15. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

At first, I thought Trump's use of Twitter was only going to hurt him. He has a way of being a little too "reactive" sometimes. But now, I think he actually has little to lose. The media will not accurately report anything this president says or does, so why not go directly to the people?

16. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Did you bother to read the story, or are you just trolling along? Go back and reread what I wrote. My objection is that both of these headlines and the attendant stories act as if Trump initiated the attack on John Lewis, out of the blue. Just as with the liberal media portrayal of Trump's attack on the Khans, when it was the Khans who attacked Trump first, the Dolt-Left media is perfectly happy to cover Trump's response as if he has no right to respond to irrational, Dolt-Left attacks on him.

Do you really think Trump would have lashed out at Lewis if Lewis hadn't attacked Donald Trump? Do you really think Trump would have said one word about the Khans if Khan hadn't self-righteously waved his little Constitution and attacked Trump first?

17. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Stating that the new President is not "legitimate", is getting very close to sedition. The Secret Service needs to take these allegations seriously, and start looking into some of these hate-spewing racists. They were all over conservative dissenters during Barack's reign.

18. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Sedition
    In law, sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that tends toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent to lawful authority.

This needs to be made clear pronto! It should be stopped immediately.

steve4102 likes this.
  19. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Trump can be his own worst enemy.

He gives more life to the attacks when he responds / starts his twitter retaliations.

I'm in a complete "wait & see" mode on Trump.

hooligan74 likes this.
  20. garya1961

garya1961

Maybe he should just sit back and take it like Bush did?