Trump sounds off on Ilhan Oman

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Jul 14, 2019.

1. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

Unfortunately the cause and effect you expect is not currently happening.
    The migration into this country has gotten worse in the last couple of years. The strategy being implemented is part of the problem. Also, the economic growth we have seen in the last four years also contributes to it. Mitt Romney's approach with self-deportation actually occurred when the economy was in shambles. So our economic success is a double-edge sword.
    Obama's administration quietly, relatively speaking, removed large numbers of people. If I recall, even one of his foreign family member's status of while here in the states was being questioned.
    In my opinion, there are several problems:
    1. The risk-to-gain ratio is greatly in favor of those coming illegally.
    a) overwhelming numbers entering again that you cannot catch them all
    b) increased threat level in their home countries
    2. The heightened threat of a real closure motivates those that may have waited to come, are encouraged to come before it is too late
    3. Lack of US willing to invest in the infrastructure to have timely hearings and track of those with schedule hearings. This is also the case in our criminal judicial system, which they may become a part of.
    4. Those that attempt to do it legally have incredibly wait times. During the wait, they may already assimilated and decide that our country is so great that they are then unwilling to leave.
    An incredible overhaul will be needed but then this issue would require an honest presidential and legislative approach. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon by either party.

Misty02 likes this.
  2. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

Yep. I never have watch a full Roller Derby. I need to look into that.:waving:

3. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

I'll just stop you right here.

Based on your comments, you know absolutely nothing about the field of corrections. If you'd like to be educated, start a new thread. I'll just leave this here:

All those things you mentioned are for the comfort and safety of inmates and were, in large part, the result of lawsuits by inmates and advocacy groups. Prisons and jails are way more concerned about being held liable for 8th Amendment violations than they are for the safety of their officers.

My source? Nearly 20 years of experience as a corrections officer.

Misty02, Terry G and JFrame like this.
  4. G17Jake

G17Jake

And then she repeatedly expresses her hate for this nation. But she will never leave. She knows she will never live better anywhere else.

Misty02 and JFrame like this.
  5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Then again, when he does tweet a few words, he knows the left will spend days and weeks making the people believe the entire Democrat party have turned into the same kind of dimwitted, America-hating communists these 4 are. Trump is keeping "the squad" on display for all to see, because that is the Republicans' #1 strategy to win in 2020, not an accident.