GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Glock Fanboi
2,459 Posts
It's illegal to boobytrap your property.
Some states call them a "set trap". They are considered not legal because a first responder or police office might be injured when entering your property. Several years ago a shop owner got in trouble in Texas for placing several rattle snakes in his display window when kids kept breaking in and stealing the displayed merchandise.

Reactions: syntaxerrorsix

·
Anti-Federalist
18,936 Posts
Some states call them a "set trap". They are considered not legal because a first responder or police office might be injured when entering your property. Several years ago a shop owner got in trouble in Texas for placing several rattle snakes in his display window when kids kept breaking in and stealing the displayed merchandise.

I hear ya.

I like booby better ;)

That's what FM 5-34 called them as well so I guess it stuck.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
What if I put a metal frame around the sign and it just happened to be rusty and sharp and jagged?

stupid law.
I think this dates back to merry old England where the rich would have flintlock shotguns rigged to shoot if a poachers feet hit a tripwire. They killed too many kids playing in the woods.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I know that booby trapped signs that actually hurt the person could result in legal trouble.. But what about setting up some type of motion activated bear-mace-spraying device? That should fix them giving them a blast of bear spray right to the face... Of course you need a camera set up as well, and then play videos of the victims on the Next Door app for all to see...

·
Premium Member
25,259 Posts
I like the razor blade idea. Not saying it is or isn’t legal but why would it be illegal? Your sign, your yard. Why would putting razor blades on your sign in your yard be illegal?
I hope you are joking. Do you understand in most areas of this country. Setting traps that could cause injury is a FELONY.
Razor blades couple easily cause permanent injuries. I would hate to be on that jury.

As a example. 4 wheelers do donuts in a farmers hay field. Tens of thousands of $$$ damages. So he puts boards with nails out. It’s very likely in much of the country. He will be buying trespasser new tires.
HOWEVER. I can park my equipment anywhere. That old spike tooth drag needs some work. I might get distracted and the weeds grow up. Hope no idiot runs it over and damages it before I get it ready for sale.

·
Premium Member
25,259 Posts
It actually was a snake pen. That valuable stuff, was stored in.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts