28,564 Posts
Blue states did and will again.

·
Mentally Frozen
28,564 Posts

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
If this dies down during the summer and springs up again I would hope we wouldn't shut down again...why.

Every state, city and county will have better plans in place. Second, we should react quicker...if we don't we are too stupid to survive as a country.

Additionally, something tells me masks, gloves, limited number of shoppers might be the new norm.

If you have any sense take that stimulus check and stock some basics. This hits the 4Q sales floors a lot of bigger companies won't recover.

·
Registered
32,509 Posts
Its really up to governors. I know of no federal laws that allow a president to open or close society other than martial law. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Of course all of America won't shut down again, much of the country wouldn't stand for it.

Not to mention that more and more data continues to show shutting down for long periods of time was a bad idea.

The initial few weeks while we figure out what this thing actually does and our healthcare gets a chance to draft plans and stockpile PPE, sure.

Much of the world will be the same. Heck, Italy is opening before New York, so what does that tell you

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I think a lot of governors would love to completely open things up, but they have to pacify the hysterical folks.
My wife just told me that at her hospital they now have to wear their masks even walking into the building because panicked folks complained that they saw nurses and doctors walking into the building unmasked.

I believe the county the hospital is in has had 6 whole cases and I think only two are active, the other 4 have recovered.

·
Civil Liberties Matter
1,810 Posts
My wife just told me that at her hospital they now have to wear their masks even walking into the building because panicked folks complained that they saw nurses and doctors walking into the building unmasked.

I believe the county the hospital is in has had 6 whole cases and I think only two are active, the other 4 have recovered.
There are a lot of hysterical people who take everything the MSM puts out as gospel and a lot of them are on GT. Crazy.

·
Director of civil unrest
10,294 Posts
So he won't shut things down again, regardless of how bad it gets. So I guess he was dead wrong in shutting down everything the first time, even the international travel.

But he's doing a perfect job. Always.
Yes, you're absolutely right! He's a big failure. I agree 100%! We need to get him out of office ASAP!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
What you are witnessing is a 3 dimensional chess game in action.... and trump got check-mated.

The virus is real... the media created a panic just to have a story in the early days of it... certain politicians saw an opportunity to manipulate this to take down Trump, and then the media joined... other people of power (certain Governor's, health officials, Gates, etc) realized an opportunity to manipulate their personal agenda's into the response.
Many different things were in action simultaneously... He was trying to out-maneuver all of them.

They pushed him to make a wrong move... he did, and he is acknowledging it.
This is all about social engineering through crisis management, and he needs to make his next moves count.

·
G22 4 Me
4,011 Posts
- So he won't shut things down again - I don't think 'he' shut things down, the states did
- Regardless of how bad it gets - Didn't seem to do much good last time side effects were worse
- So I guess he was dead wrong in shutting down everything the first time - Yes, he was
- Even the international travel - No one said that was wrong, and it wasn't

- But he's doing a perfect job. Always - First thing you got right in months

1 - 20 of 66 Posts