GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 201 Posts

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,669 Posts
GAP ammo seems to be readily available. Another 40 S & W during ammo crises?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
NRA Life Member
5,648 Posts
the gap was the single best pistol investment i ever made. i bought 2 g37s and g39 for less than $1k shipping and transfers. got a pile of mags for $100 and i reload so ammo hasn't been a problem. 3 great glocks good ammo availability and drum roll, panic proof caliber for about $330 each. oh and all 3 have very very little wear and good night sights.
That’s great! A very wise and timely investment.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
unemployment isn't rising, its plunging. its down like 2% for last month alone.
Thanks for that info. I was responding to the Covid-caused job losses, which seem to have undeniably increased (temporarily) the number of unemployed people in the USA.
Pres. Trump's policies did not cause Covid to put people out of work--if anything, it was China, plus state governors, and I suppose Congress, who had something to do with shutting down some businesses that didn't need to be shut down.
On the other hand, there are Trump policies that have demonstrably created U.S. jobs--and caused unprecedented employment in the months before Covid.

If unemployment is now plunging, I am glad.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Somehow this thread took an unintended political turn. My intent was to post a thread that ask what last minute actions regarding ammo and gun related issues will readers take in Trumps last months in office.

·
BRAVIA 4 LIFE!
1,786 Posts
nope..i actually hate both dems and repubs..corrupt parties that have divided and destroyed this country. The current leader is nothing but a narcissist con-man bully that is out of his element. Until we get rid of the corrupt two-party system, people will continue to hold their noses and vote for the lesser of two evils...which is ridiculous if you ask me. But to each their own.
Hear! Hear!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lol..who gives a flying “f” if 2 homosexual men could get married? The world needs more love..not less. How does that affect you in any way? And working to legalize sex with Children? Jesus H christ on a popsicle stick. Really? Come on man.
California has just passed a law saying sex between a person 24 years old and someone 14 years old is legal if consensual. Also gays are disgusting creatures, but I really don’t give a flying fk what they do.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
in usual GT fashion we took a nose dive.

me personally, I took inventory of my reloading stash, it's deep and plentiful. I just received my 4# of tite group via UPS delivered to door step no signature required (I've noticed the carriers here want that crap OFF their trucks signature or not) Monday afternoon. Mind you, Powder Valley sold out of titegroup. I ordered from Midway USA and it was in stock, for $1 more a # than PVI, but shipping / hazmat cheaper... total wash... also shipped SAME DAY, in this RONA fueled mess, that TICKLED me, very IMPRESSED with MIDWAY.

I am well stocked. Yes I need bullets, only buy in 1k lots, but lead is not in a shortage (talking cast / coated here).

so in direct response to the topic at hand? what do I need? primers.... they aint gonna be available pre election, or certainly post election if sleepy joe gets in. so for now, I am at peace. I have enough powder for eons. I learned you can use rifle primers for pistol, too, so that doubles my stash for pistol (never shoot my AR).

so i guess to answe the question, I am not doing a single thing. yes I could use more mags, but I have no money for that right now. I would put primers on the card, but not mags. I finally paid my card off and intend to keep it that way. would rather live paycheck to paycheck - as I am for the most part, than rack that damned thing up again.

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Gun wise, I probably wouldn't do much. Not much I want out there and they would probably be prohibitively expensive at that point.
I would try to buy some ammo, expensive as it would be.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
California has just passed a law saying sex between a person 24 years old and someone 14 years old is legal if consensual. Also gays are disgusting creatures, but I really don’t give a flying fk what they do.

As they say stupid is as stupid does! Trump can run with this and get the female vote. I would guess the Catholic Hispanics aren't thrilled about it either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
incorrect. Read the law more carefully.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The question is moot, it's not going to happen. Trump in a landslide. Very probably the House goes red and the Senate maintains.
This is dangerous thinking. Everyone was so sure Killary was a lock in 2016. Don’t take it for granted. Vote as if he is the underdog, bc with all the cheating the Dems are going to do, he might be the underdog right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is a gun forum, right?

After the attack on the two Sheriff deputies Joe Biden is already talking magazine bans and restrictions on semi-auto weapons.

Anybody here still not voting for Trump?

come trolls, and show yourselves!

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
This is a gun forum, right?

After the attack on the two Sheriff deputies Joe Biden is already talking magazine bans and restrictions on semi-auto weapons.

Anybody here still not voting for Trump?

come trolls, and show yourselves!
Hey, QC inhabitant. Me, too. Trust me, they'll be along if they haven't already. Be careful with your descriptions, however. Anything other than real names are frowned up. You know. Free speech and all that garbage.

·
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
29,109 Posts
It's the day after the election the libs have found a way to steal the election Biden wins may or may not have both houses, now what? Trump will still remain in office for two months as a lame duck president. Question what are you going to do guns and ammo wise in those last two free months knowing that things will soon change for the worst?
With ammo being basically unavailable anyway, start (or keep) stocking up on standard-cap magazines.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You forgot the Obama executive order banning thousands of social security recipients, including veterans, from owning a firearm simply if someone else did their finances. BTW that was repealed by the Republican controlled senate in 2017 and singed into law by President Trump.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/15/senate-votes-undo-obama-administration-gun-rule/

President Trump banned a device that allowed an auto loading rifle to emulate a full auto rifle after the Las Vegas shooting massacre. The democrats were screaming to ban all AR-15 rifles and other evil black rifles along with standard capacity magazines over 10 rounds but the proposed "improved" Feinstein/democrat AWB was DOA in the republican controlled senate.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=press-releases&id=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B#:~:text=Washington—Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and,of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

The democrats also tried to pass an AWB in 2013 after Sandy Hook. It failed and below is how the vote went in the senate. It is very apparent which party supports another AWB and it is not the republicans.

https://projects.propublica.org/represent/votes/113/senate/1/101

Democats voting yes: 38 Republicans: 1
Thank you for calling out his BS

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks for that info. I was responding to the Covid-caused job losses, which seem to have undeniably increased (temporarily) the number of unemployed people in the USA.
Pres. Trump's policies did not cause Covid to put people out of work--if anything, it was China, plus state governors, and I suppose Congress, who had something to do with shutting down some businesses that didn't need to be shut down.
On the other hand, there are Trump policies that have demonstrably created U.S. jobs--and caused unprecedented employment in the months before Covid.

If unemployment is now plunging, I am glad.
it is indeed:
https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wouldn’t say this thread has turned political - it’s just discussing a possible reality we might have to face.

Too many possible variables to start worrying. All we can do is vote against Harris / Biden and any other gun-grabbers.

101 - 120 of 201 Posts