Trump Just commuted Roger Stone’s sentence

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by FullClip, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Only an itty bitty

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. roscoepcoaltrain

roscoepcoaltrain

2. HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

3. xTerpx

xTerpx

Sorry, kid, but Lincoln was a slave owner and therefore we don't listen to advice from asinine videos made by an organization that shares his namesake. The Lincoln Project is racist, much like the stupid video. Why do you hate blacks?

BengalBacker likes this.
  4. HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Why do you hate facts?

5. Left-Right

Left-Right

No, that's not true. Lincoln was not a slave owner.

Terry G and xTerpx like this.
  6. Biggy1

Biggy1

It’s been a failed witch hunt and illegal coup from the beginning by our Country’s first failed half black president, the great deceiver and divider, B. Hussein Obama. Trump absolutely did the right thing pardoning Stone, and if needed Flynn.
    He made Mueller and team, the Democrat’s, the fake news media, and all their supporters look like ignorant, dam fools. And He **will** do it again on November 3rd.

7. ilpirata

ilpirata

F
    Fair trial...not.
    Witness tampering: said witness publicly stated he never felt threatened.
    Lying to Congress: part of his defense was documented "lying to congress" by HRC, Brennan and Comey who were NOT prosecuted. Judge ruled it inadmissible.
    Also, Lying to Congress implies trying to cover up an underlying crime of which there was none.

The only people NOT allowed to talk to the media preceding the trial were...Roger Stone and his defense team. Add in the Made for TV 0600ish arrest involving 22 FBI agents, 2 patrol boats and a CNN film crew. He was home within 3 hours with no cash bail required.

His sentence was commuted, the convictions still stand and he's bankrupt. I think 40 months was harsh for a non-violent questionable offense.

Jackson and Sullivan: 2 activist jackwagons that should focus on the rule of law.

kody1234, Speleothem, xTerpx and 3 others like this.
  8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Stone stuck to his guns and refused to lie to save himself. I don't know enough to say much else about him but I have a lot of respect for what he did given what he was facing.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

TGT and FullClip like this.
  9. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

George Will would do very well to never be in my near vicinity. I'd gladly take a rap to show him what I think of him.

BengalBacker likes this.
  10. xTerpx

xTerpx

I was being facetious, given that's what the leftist clowns are now arguing; hell, a few college "professors" even wrote a book arguing as such. This is what the skinny[-jean "change agents" at government institutions of "learning" are being taught nowadays.

11. JFrame

JFrame

We could count on Deep State traitor Mitt Romney (AKA "Pierre Delecto") to chime in with his anti-Trump rhetoric. :upeyes:

I'm glad Stone let him have it. :thumbsup:

https://www.analyzingamerica.org/ro...ant-even-get-facts-regarding-my-case-correct/

Roger Stone Fires Back At Mitt Romney: ‘Such A Pathetic Butt Hurt Loser… Can’t Even Get Facts Regarding My Case Correct’

By
    David Rufful - July 12, 2020

Sen. Mitt Romney criticized President Trump’s decision to commute the prison sentence of Roger Stone, according to Breitbart News.

“Unprecedented, historic corruption,” Romney wrote to Twitter.

He continued: “An American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president.”

Roger Stone fired back at Republican Senator Mitt Romney.

“Mitt Romney is such a pathetic butt hurt loser,” Stone said. “He can’t even get facts regarding my case correct.”

Stone continued: “I was prosecuted because I refused to lie about the President. Because I refused to bear false witness against him.”

“Because I refused to say what prosecutors wanted me to say not because I was hiding any inappropriate act by the President,” Stone said.

“I would tell you go back to Utah but the people back there don’t want you either. Mitt Romney, you are as phony as your hair color,” he concluded.

(more at link)

NoJoy, BengalBacker, Maxx702 and 2 others like this.
  12. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I think it would have been politically wiser to wait until the November rush.

But democrats are emptying their jails due to the Chi-Com Flu, because masks don't work behind bars, so releasing a 65 year old senior citizen with health issues makes sense.

Who released cocaine dealer Roger Clinton? :headscratch:

13. thewitt

thewitt

No one will be changing their vote for or against Trump because he commuted Stone’s sentence.

JFrame likes this.
  14. NMG26

NMG26

There is something admirable about a person that stands on principle and acts on principle no matter the reaction from the opposition. It could be the little bit needed to tip the scale for a person that has been readied for a long time.

Officer's Match, xTerpx and Maxx702 like this.
  15. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

No doubt in my mind Obama, both Bushes and Clinton would have let the man rot in prison rather than open themselves up for criticism.
    In fact, the Clintons would have probably just had him killed.

Kudos to Trump.

16. HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

I'm not sure about that. There are lot's of crooks who feel they have been wronged by the FBI and US government. They have to be optimistic that Trump, being the law/order president, will get them out of jail.

Nobody thinks Trump is just giving his friends special treatment. He is president of all of the USA, not just his criminal homeboys.

17. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

18. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

19. HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

20. JFrame

JFrame

Defund the FBI.