Trump Just commuted Roger Stone’s sentence

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by FullClip, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Only an itty bitty

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Intolerant

Intolerant

2. kody1234

kody1234

Roger Stone did not get a fair trail,it was a hit job by the Obama boys.Russia Russia Russia was all made up.Still watching CNN are you.

3. kody1234

kody1234

There are a lot Hillary nut jobs on this forum,may be being paid by the dimocraps?

4. bdcochran

bdcochran

A very good question. Outside of academics, most people don't want to sit on a jury and make it clear what financial problems, medical problems, child care problems may exist. The "juries" are large groups of potential jurors at the start. A big group comes in and the lawyers don't know who is in the group.

The court doesn't pay for doing social platform searches on each person who might be eventually on the jury either. If the layman doesn't know this, the forewoman of the jury, a working lawyer, absolutely knew this.
    A lot of times the judge may either ask questions him or herself, tell the lawyers to agree on some questions to speed up things, and then have the individual lawyers ask questions.

This is how the forewoman got on the jury.

A non-related question. Would I want this person serving on a jury?

Officer's Match likes this.
  5. HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

I think he may pardon Igor Fruman next, but Lev Parnas will probably do jail time.

berto62 likes this.
  6. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

7. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Were all of his goofy-ass glasses pardoned also?

8. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

IMG_3197.JPG
    IMG_3198.JPG

Speaking of nut jobs.

fx77, Glock17193643, FullClip and 5 others like this.
  9. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Why do you think the timing of Stone's sentence was set up this way?

10. agtman

agtman 10mm Philosopher

Plus, commuting Stone's sentence only - effectively erasing any jail time - leaves intact his convictions on the crimes he was charged with.

That means he's a free man while pursuing reversal of those convictions in the appeals court, and on up to SCOTUS (if they accept review). That process will take years.

The 'politically-tainted' juror issue will be a big one, among others.

The outrageous, over-the-top manner of Stone's initial arrest at home on warrants was political theatre, but it won't carry any legal weight on appeal - although it might possibly gain him some psychological sympathy from any appellate judge who views the Fed's treatment of an unarmed 70-yr old with no criminal record as being disproportionately heavy-handed.

11. JFrame

JFrame

Just wanted to pile on the group wave, excluding the usual malcontents... :)

:wave::wave::wave:

FullClip and Officer's Match like this.
  12. thewitt

thewitt

If you think that any treatment of Roger Stone was within the actual bounds of the law you are more of a lunatic than I originally thought - which would be really difficult to achieve I admit.

13. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

I hear folks yapping that the President has abused his power by his decision. He has not. The founding fathers gave him the power to do just what he did. You may not like who he pardoned or the timing of his pardon but it is within his power.

14. Intolerant

Intolerant

I would LOVE to answer THAT question... and here goes MY theory/opinion:
    They set it up exactly for this reason... because they KNEW trump would take their bait. Then after that was done, they will try to use what our president did, against him. The tactics of the leftist clowns are so easy to see, that a caveman can even figure it out with just one glance.

What the president did, was totally legal AND righteous. Roger Stone was wronged, convicted illegally!

15. xTerpx

xTerpx

...while reading about the terrorists showing the Marxist Lives Matter movement the way to 'get what they want or blow the entire system up', I was reminded of this little nugget...

Rosenberg was sentenced to 58 years in prison on the weapons and explosives charges. She spent 16 years in prison and was released in 2001 through executive clemency by then President Bill Clinton on his final day in office. Her commutation produced a wave of criticism by police and New York elected officials at the time.
    I am sure the the clowns bemoaning the release of some inconsequential guy caught up in the fake case against the duly elected president were equally outraged when Willy let known-bombers and terrorists out of prison.

Leftists love releasing rapists and terrorists from prison to do their dirty work, but feign outrage when someone who obtained some emails or failed to pay taxes are not sent to prison for life.

Of course, this bombing terrorist (Rosenberg) is now leading the burn, loot, murder movement. Funny how that works.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  16. B C

B C

17. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

he's on a tear, lol. him & Gen. Flynn should rent couple house boats & get their families together this summer.

18. mtidaflash

mtidaflash

Threads like these worry me because posts (from both sides) are like a bunch of 8 year olds on the playground. Grow up people and act like adults.

KindOfBlue and Terry G like this.
  19. JFrame

JFrame

It's time for Roger Stone to mouth off at the Deep State... :rofl: :rofl:

GOOD! sunnies.gif