Trump is taking Hydroxychloroquine...

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by DaveD, May 18, 2020.

1. racerford

racerford

No panties to get bunched up. He made a statement. I made statements and asked questions. It is a discussion board, not an agreement board.

2. lesgeaux

lesgeaux

Dang with all the doctors and Pharmasists here, i can give up my subscription to Web Md.

3. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

He's insane in the membrane!!!

4. racerford

racerford

That is a straw man. I didn’t say you did anything. I meant exactly what I wrote. I made statements, I asked you questions. It is plain simple English. Are you unable to understand and answer the questions?

billy_56081 likes this.
  5. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

Your statements and questions attributed words and meaning to my statement which it did not contain.
    That’s the very definition of a straw man argument.
    I responded to your statement and questions in the vein in which they were delivered.
    No straw man there.

I’d accuse you of intellectual dishonesty, but I wouldn’t attribute to malice that which can be attributed to ignorance.

ezod98 likes this.
  6. TeaDub

TeaDub

It's a drug that some believe may reduce the risk of contracting a disease or condition. Perhaps along the lines of vitamins, even statins etc for reducing cholesterol in the belief that reduces risk of a heart event.

"Doesn't need" is a pretty broad statement. Especially considering who and what he is. He has contact with more people on a daily basis than the vast majority of folks. The testing for this virus has quite a few errors therefore potentially exposing him more so than the average citizen. Several inner circle members have recently tested positive. Were they spreaders prior to that test?

IF this drug has some potential to keep an infection at bay? I say bring it.

n2g, nursetim, redrick and 1 other person like this.
  7. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Decades of use indicates that it is very safe, even for long term use. Yes, there are possible side effects, as with any drug - but they are fairly rare. For short term use, in dosages prescribed for CV-19, there are virtually zero side effects.

n2g and nursetim like this.
  8. Cirdan

Cirdan

My brother's been taking it for years. RA.

Probably Trump just thumbing his nose at the media.

MFC4 and NMG26 like this.
  9. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

Thank you.

I appreciate the well-thought-out, reasoned response.
    This makes sense to me.

The idea is then, that he does likely “need” it and you gave good reasons why.

As long as this isn’t a straight-up publicity stunt to prove a point, I agree with you. That was essentially my point.

ezod98, nursetim and TeaDub like this.
  10. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

Well, it is skeeter season.

11. Bring_it!

Bring_it!

Tomorrow’s headline: Covid patients die as DJT receives much needed Hydroxychloroquine.

12. racerford

racerford

My statements attributed no words or meaning to you, period. They are my statements, period. They are my statements about my assumptions of the knowledge and integrity of his doctor(s). I questioned YOUR personal intimate knowledge of the Presidents medical situation. I wanted you to have the chance to show you weren’t speaking from ignorance. You have made it clear your level ignorance.

billy_56081 likes this.
  13. thewitt

thewitt

Millions of people, me included, have taken the previous version of this drug as a preventive for malaria with no ill effects. I've probably taken 1000 pills in my lifetime. I would not hesitate one second to take it if it were available as a preventative for a Wuhan virus that has the very real potential to kill me because of my demographic.

billy_56081, Agonizer, n2g and 5 others like this.
  14. doktor doom

doktor doom

I'm honestly amazed that so many of you ACTUALLY believe he is taking it.
    I don't.
    From just the cadence of that sentence, it registers to me as another one of his off-the-cuff, top-of-his-head, seat-of-the-pants lies.
    The man lies with such a casualness, I'm floored that even his true believers think he was telling the truth here.

15. tm255

tm255

HCQ has been around for 65 years. Millions and millions of doses have been taken for malaria prophylaxis. It has also been used in rheumatology for diseases like RA and lupus.

Rheumatologist from Cornell medical center said recently that in his 42 years of practice he has never seen a significant complication from HCQ. Not one.

HCQ is not perfectly safe. No drug is. Not tylenol, aspirin, penicillin. It is not proven re WuFlu. But there is enough anecdotal evidence out there to prompt many front line MDs to take it prophylactically, and obviously the President and his medical team feel the same.

Agonizer, n2g, nursetim and 1 other person like this.
  16. berto62

berto62

Not saying that Trump is lying but, read the letter from the White House doctor.What the letter from the White House doctor did state was that he (the WH doctor) and Trump discussed all the pros and cons related to Hydroxychloroquine, and they concluded that it might be safe to take in proper doses.

What that official letter does NOT state, in any way, shape or form, is that the WH doctor actually prescribed Hydroxychloroquine to the president, or that the president is actually taking Hydroxychloroquine.

letter.jpg

17. Dave514

Dave514

Pelosi said he shouldn't take it because he is "morbidly obese".

Stacey Abrams has not weighed in on the issue.

18. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

19. racerford

racerford

Nancy Pelosi doesn’t want him to take it because she wants to be President. I am sure she lit up with glee when people around the President and VP tested positive.

billy_56081, Agonizer, n2g and 2 others like this.
  20. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

billy_56081, Agonizer, n2g and 2 others like this.