Trump is taking Hydroxychloroquine...

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by DaveD, May 18, 2020.

1. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

You suppose Corn-Pop is still pissed about getting punked by Creepy Joe in front of his homies?

2. berto62

berto62

Why should we believe this study and not the one published in the Lancet?

3. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Maybe because regardless of all of these studies that appear to detract from the effectiveness of HCQ, numerous doctors have shared how they have prescribed this medication to numerous people who were cured of Covid-19.

Maybe because two people I am acquainted with were infected with Covid-19, within two days of feeling symptoms, they were prescribed HCQ, Zpack, and Zinc and were clear of the virus within less than two weeks?

Or maybe because HCQ has been prescribed for decades, hundreds of thousands of people have used it as a prophylaxis against Malaria.

Or maybe because it has been prescribed for decades, hundreds of thousands of people have used it for chronic conditions such as Lupus and RA.

Or maybe because a study put forth by the NIH in 2005 said that it worked as both a cure and a prophylactic on primate cells with SARS which shares approximately 80% of it's genetic makeup with Covid-19.

billy_56081 and redrick like this.
  4. nursetim

nursetim

No president is above reproach, none. You are correct.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  5. nursetim

nursetim

We trusted The Who until, they came up crooked a dog’s hind leg. We trusted cdc, until they screwed the pooch by their indecisiveness and were caught. I trusted my medical blogs until they started revealing their bias. So even the most venerated publications suspect, the lot of them.

This might help you discover why you believe as you do. https://zdoggmd.com/masks-morality/

6. berto62

berto62

When the conclusion of the the study published in the Lancet says like this I don't think I'll be taking any.
    One of the findings of the current study seems hard to ignore: that the drugs increase the risk of dangerous disturbances in heart rhythms. These are known side effects of both medicines, but the increases in the study are striking. After adjustment for other risk factors, it appears that patients on hydroxychloroquine had double the risk of ventricular arrhythmias, and those on chloroquine had triple. When an antibiotic such as azithromycin was added, as some proponents have advocated, the risk jumped to fivefold
    “It’s a very striking finding and it’s convincing to me,” said Steven Nissen, a cardiologist at the Cleveland Clinic. “Based upon these findings and others, no one should take hydroxychloroquine with or without an antibiotic unless they are in a randomized controlled trial. It should not be used in the general population to prevent or to treat Covid-19 infection

vote Republican likes this.
  7. berto62

berto62

This drug is a perfect example of why Trump should keep his mouth shut about specific treatments. It has become so politicized but no matter what the outcome is it will always be suspect.

czsmithGT likes this.
  8. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

I see no mention in there of zinc supplement which seems strange since the mechanism of Hydroxychlorquine is said to be in zinc metabolism.

What makes a randomized trial safer?

Say, Maxxaction, where in Tennessee are you? I am in North Alabama and consider my chances of getting HCQ therapy or Remdsevir or anything else if I come down with C19 are slim to none.

9. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

I’m not going to lie, if I had COVID I would try the hydroxy combo if under close heart monitoring. I bought a Kardia portable ECG exactly in case I get it and can get a doc to prescribe the combo. Probably unobtainable right now for the plebs, despite being a relatively cheap drug. No domestic production, is there?. I hope some quality double blind studies will come out of the US. There are good reasons to believe it would be effective. The heart side effects might be statistically significant

10. berto62

berto62

There are lots of people on here that could answer that question much better than I can but, a quick Google search says

"
    Randomization prevents the skewing or deliberate manipulation of results. Both participants and research scientists can influence results unless the researchers assign participants to groups at random.

Scientists refer to this skewing of results as selection bias. An RCT gets rid of selection bias by removing the element of choice.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/280574#reasons-for-randomization

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  11. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

I see no mention in there of zinc supplement which seems strange since the mechanism of Hydroxychlorquine is said to be in zinc metabolism.

What makes a randomized trial safer?
    I understand the point of the randomized TRIAL but that does not make it better for me as the individual sick patient.

12. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

I'm in Memphis...

I am not scared of getting the virus, but if I did get it, I don't know what the chances of getting treated for it with HCQ would be. I would happily try it if the virus was making me really sick, but our county is highly liberal, so they would most likely let people die before prescribing a drug that Trump used.

redrick likes this.
  13. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

The enemy politicized it. The same enemy that pushed Obamacare. And Russiagate.

rock_castle likes this.
  14. Captain Steinbrenner

Captain Steinbrenner

Bull**** and you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. rock_castle

rock_castle All Lives Matter

Great point. They have no credibility whatsoever.

16. nursetim

nursetim

While I agree that President Trump should stay away from medical comments, the media will not allow it. They are the ones that politicized everything about this.
    Personally I believe if the media hadn’t poured amfo on their reporting, we wouldn’t have said, ‘Man! It was a bad flu season.’ or ‘The cdc guessed wrong again.’.

redrick likes this.
  17. berto62

berto62

I would think it is better because the drug has been proven to work

Trump knew this would happen and he pushed it anyway.

@PicardMD is the doctor and respected member so I have no reason not to believe what he he says when it comes to the medical field

czsmithGT likes this.
  18. berto62

berto62

He can't help himself, the media has gotten pretty good at getting him to say stupid stuff

cowboy1964 and czsmithGT like this.
  19. Terry G

Terry G

He should lay off Mickey D's and get going on a good diet and exercise program. He's packed on a lot of pounds and he's got a tough four and a half years coming up.

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  20. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

We get Pence.
    Win!
    :)