Trump is inartulate but he loves this country. But I agree with Morgan.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by czsmithGT, Apr 6, 2020.

1. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...pired-people-overcome-coronavirus-crisis.html

PIERS MORGAN: In just five brief minutes of calm empathy, fortitude and history, the Queen inspired her people to overcome this coronavirus crisis better than President Trump has rallied Americans with 50 hours of rambling, self-promoting twaddle\\

And if we friends from either side of the great pond are going to level with each other, then let me be brutally frank in return: the Queen did more to comfort the British people in five minutes last night than President Trump has done in over 50 hours of self-aggrandising, contradictory, inaccurate, inflammatory, point-scoring addresses to the American people during this crisis.

Let me be clear: I wouldn’t wish the burden of trying to lead a country during this pandemic on my worst enemy, let alone a friend like Trump with no experience of anything like this.

But that’s why people go into politics – to lead.

And Trump’s leadership so far has been woefully erratic and singularly lacking in the gravitas, empathy and calm, measured tone that all Americans are crying out for right now – of the kind that New York’s impressive governor Andrew Cuomo has displayed on a daily basis.

hooligan74, Jade Falcon and evlbruce like this.
  2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Piers is a good little Subject.

TBO, 6Actual, hannstv and 22 others like this.

3. Dave514

Dave514

If you only gave 5 televised speeches since 1952 then I bet you could be quite prepared as well.

Especially when it's pre recorded. You get as many tries as you like.

TBO, GlockWheeler, hannstv and 25 others like this.
  4. powernoodle

powernoodle

Dave you beat me to it. The Queen has given 5 speeches - written by others - in the last 70 years. And no news conferences. No Q & A. No nothing except having the personality of a dead fish. No one would honestly compare their roles, or their respective impact on the world.

TBO, hannstv, Northwoodz and 21 others like this.
  5. porschedog

porschedog

The term is “Inarticulate”
    I believe Trump comes across great. He speaks from the heart. You can tell he is not reading something written for him by a committee.

MAGA

TBO, hannstv, GLUACAMOLE and 35 others like this.
  6. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Piers reminds me of English Bob in Unforgiven.

TBO, ThomasM4, 6Actual and 13 others like this.
  7. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

I'd love to see how the queen would fare inspiration-wise if she were constantly dealing with an antagonistic media that gave her something on the order of 90+% negative coverage for years, and was out to trip her up and misquote her in order to spin everything she said as negatively for her as possible.

-Pat

TBO, 6Actual, hannstv and 23 others like this.
  8. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

He still beats the Putz from Canada. The shiny pony can’t complete a single sentence in English or French.

TBO, GlockAndMan, Lockback and 7 others like this.
  9. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

I am not sure about Trump’s artistic ability? I am not even sure inartulate is a word. Now, what was the question?

10. ScottMn

ScottMn

The Queen is not a leader. She is a figurehead. She hasn't set any policy, taken any action, organized any response or risked any politcal capital. All she did in the last 2 months is give one, scripted speech.

I'll take Trump over her any day and that goes for the last four Presidents too.

hannstv, bruscifer, fx77 and 22 others like this.
  11. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

I will continue to listen to President Trump, he is doing a great job to try and keep us informed. Things keep changing as more data keeps coming in. Do you really think the Queen has any idea of what's happening?

mj9mm, happyguy, mjmac and 6 others like this.
  12. Chui

Chui

She’d have them drawn and quartered. [Or] at least killed in a single car accident near a bridge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  13. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

While I voted for Trump (mostly over supreme court picks), I have agreed with most of his policies, he has been great for the US and the alternative (HRC) would have been a fate worst than death for the US - Trump is a horrible speaker. He will never be referred to as the "great communicator".

14. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

The Queen has betrayed the British people by staying totally silent and complicit for decades as her own subjects are turned into an oppressed minority in their own country, and over a million little white girls have been raped by Muslims.

I guess Her Majesty has more important priorities. Like covering up for her pedophile son Prince Andrew, and her pedophile cousin Earl Louis Mountbatten.

hannstv, mj9mm, happyguy and 9 others like this.
  15. rogn

rogn real dogs

My humble opinion is that the good Queen is a good figurehead who can do a good job reading a statement most dispassionately. But that's her area of responsibility. Worry about Meghan's misbehavior, worry about which hat to wear;a.n.

She does not have an aggressive adversarial press gnawing on her butt every minute, she doesnt have the obsessed Grendel's mom whipping any group that can condemn anything from Valentine card to a dogturd. And she doesnt have the well being and economy of more than 330 million Americans weighing on her every hour of every day..
    Easier to console the subjects than 1/3 billion independent citizens.

16. Bradd D

Bradd D

The difference being that Trump is actually leading something.

bruscifer, rogn, mj9mm and 6 others like this.
  17. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

You called him "inartulate?"

You can't make this stuff up! :rofl:

hannstv, Taco Junkie, mj9mm and 9 others like this.
  18. gwes351

gwes351

Piers doesn't have a clue what the difference is between a figure head "monarch" and the POTUS. The Brits will apply their "stiff upper lip" approach to her comments including the brit press. He is naive at best about the coordinated DNC and "press" attacks on DJT solely for political purposes (their own - not the country's). And as for his fawning over cuomo, there is a BIG (as in gargantuan) difference in responsibility between NY and USA. He also neglects to mention that part of the NY/NYC covid-19 severity is cuomo's own making! He and De Blasio implored people - in March no less - to not worry and go out to eat, go to shows etc. Piers is a condescending asshat without any critical thinking ability.

bruscifer, happyguy, DAKA and 2 others like this.
  19. seamaster

seamaster

If it was up to royal family aka england’s crime family, America wouldn’t exist!

The royal family is the reason America was created, and the reason for our first and second amendments!

You’re right, she needs to tend to her inbred perverted offspring.

20. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Piers is the world's leading expert on rambling, self-promoting twaddle.