Trump-hater Democrats Losing the Battle for Hearts and Minds

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Feb 11, 2017.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

By Ted Neville

I was a teenager in the '60s, and I was baffled by and conflicted about the Vietnam War. On the one hand, I wanted to trust and support our political leaders, but on the other hand, I couldn't understand why our young men were dying on the other side of the planet. I was on the fence.

The best thing to ever happen to the left was the Vietnam War. It taught them how to organize, mobilize, protest, and resist.

But the worst thing to ever happen to the left also was the Vietnam War. They learned the wrong lesson. They thought they stopped the war by protesting it. The truth is that they stopped the war by persuading fence-sitters like me to jump down off of the fence and support them in stopping a carnage that was more visible than any war in history. Every time that I saw a protest on the news, I was encouraged and hopeful that the war might be stopped. The protests gained support for the resistance.

On November 8, I couldn't decide which candidate was worse, so I didn't vote for either. I was on the fence. Now every time I see a protest, I recoil. Now I am solidly on Team Trump. I intend to vote for him in 2020.

These protests are repelling fence-sitters into jumping down on the other side of the fence.

The left must attract new supporters to come down on their side of the fence, not repel them onto the other side. In the '60s they opposed sending young men to die pointlessly (as they claimed). Today they oppose the results of an election. It's apples and oranges.

Meanwhile, Soros is funding leftist efforts everywhere. He is waiting for the right to overreact. He is waiting for the next Kent State. He needs martyrs. As long as the right remains calm, conservatives will be victorious, and Trump will be re-elected. If the conservatives respond with violence, they will lose my support. I hope they stay calm and allow the left to continue to be repellent.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...s_losing_the_battle_for_hearts_and_minds.html

JMag and DonGlock26 like this.
  2. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

Anyone who is or was a lefty or a commie, I just don't trust them. If someone buys into that crap for whatever reason (ignorance, stupidity, anger, hopelessness) then they get to sit out the rest of the game while the varsity squad plays.

This piece may well be part of a concerted effort by the left to get conservatives to let their guard down and allow the protesters and insurrectionists to take root.

DonGlock26, steve4102 and HammerG19 like this.

3. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

I took it just as I take all of these idiot protesters................. they drive normal voters away from them. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Who is Ted Neville?

5. oldandtreacherous

oldandtreacherous

6. JFrame

JFrame

Totally anecdotal observation on my part -- but I see the occasional radical leftist posting on Facebook with some loony-tune justifying violence (anything from punches to killing) to proactively suppress the rise of "fascism" ( :upeyes: )... As far as I can see, those posts never get many "likes," nor do they elicit encouraging comments.

7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

He's a writer at American Thinker, a conservative website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  8. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

Watching the MSM's negative spin on Donald Trump, one would think everyone agrees with them and Trump only got 10% of the vote.

Trump will be re-elected by showing the middle class how they have been lied to and exploited by these seditious, corrupt liberals and their moonbat asinine policies they rammed down our throats.

In doing so, he will take the GOP down a different path than the GOP elites did. The elites had no interest in growing the party or reaching out to the working class, as their donors reap the financial windfall of globalism and open borders. Their opposition to the Democrats is limited to the increased regulations and higher taxes.

If Trump can get his policies in place and get enough of them to gel in time to benefit the same working Americans that have been bamboozled by the left for the last 8 years, he will be in good shape in 2020.

I hope to God this country isn't too far gone already and he can make it happen.

9. steve4102

steve4102

Yeah, but he himself is no Conservative.
    If he is so pro establishment and to stupid to see the difference between Hillary and Trump, then he is establishment not conservative.

He is so establishment that he actually sat this one out and didn't fight or vote to stop Hillary.
    Now, after the election, he sticks his finger in the wind, and decides to climb aboard the Trump Train, and say, hey look at me, hey read my stuff, I'm Trumper too, can all of you hard working Americans that defeated Hillary and elected Trump and put the Supreme Court back on track take me in and let me tag along as if I am worth a ****?

hogship likes this.
  10. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

11. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

Agreed, but the problem is that many voters are not normal, just look at all the blockheads who found a reason to vote for Hillary.

I think their goal is to breed or import or school more blockheads so that even if all of the normal voters vote accordingly, the Democrats still win. Turn insurrectionist riots into "just another protest."

Glock1963 likes this.
  12. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

I'm trying to remember, but haven't confirmed it yet. But, didn't Obama once talk about running some type of liberal-generating political school of thought sometime after his term was up? Maybe it was someone else speaking for or about him doing it, but I'm sure I heard it. I'll poke around some later.

13. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Yep, just stay calm, no matter what the left does, just stand there and take it. When you are done taking it, get the hell back to work. When the left wants to give you some more, go and stand there and take it. Ask them if they'd prefer that you just bend over to take it. Keep taking whatever the left dishes out, just, under absolutely no circumstances, never, never fight back...
    Sure..."F" that dude...
    Conservatives have just taken it and remained calm for way, way too damn long. No. Have the Guard sharpen bayonets.

holyjohnson, rj1939 and Gunboat1 like this.
  14. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

The Republican Party doesn't even make an effort to take control of the narrative.
    Trumps travel ban is a perfect example. It is clearly a common sense issue, I would find it hard to believe there is much public support for allowing countless thousands of un vetted foreigners from terrorist countries to come here.

Yet the casual news observer sees the talking heads on the major news networks calling it unconstitutional religious discrimination.
    They hear this over and over with no rebuttal and before you know it they consider it a grey area and lose sight of the simple truth.

The Republican elite like McConnell, McCain and Ryan don't have the gonads to hit the talk show circuit or in any other way draw attention to themselves and stand with the elected President from their own party on this.

15. tjpet

tjpet

"Any man who's not a liberal at 20 has no heart. Any man who's not a conservative at 40 has no brain".

Winston Churchill

16. F350

F350

I used this quote on a professor when I worked at a university (I was unapologetically conservative); then said "I'll go first, I have no heart. Now your turn". He just got red faced and stormed off.

Dave Brubaker likes this.
  17. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

We see it. They don't. I like it like that! Remember the old saying, give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

hogship and LASTRESORT20 like this.
  18. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

They never learn. The more we vote 'em out, the crazier the one's left get! It's gonna be beautiful on Nov 7, 2018. The few that are left will be jumping out of windows lol!!

19. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

20. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

The left and the MSM have been exposed and are now acting like crazy loons which validates Trump as having been the best choice after all! The left can't help themselves and the fact that the far left wing of the part is in charge pretty much guarantees another 4 years.