Trump Fan Sues Manhattan Bar Who Wouldn't Serve Him

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 50 Cent, Mar 19, 2017.

1. 50 Cent

50 Cent

Gray_Rider and janice6 like this.
  2. Dave514

Dave514

I don't think "Trump fan" is a protected class so his best option is to spread the word to as many people as possible so they can decide whether they want to patronize this kind of establishment.

3. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

I wonder if it had been a gay trump themed wedding, which would win out.

4. 50 Cent

50 Cent

I'm guessing his lawyer from Philly will likely develope some sort of class, however novel.

Maybe just a generic discrimination? I mean, he wasn't drunk, was of legal age and not causing a disturbance. Pretty sure they can come up with something.

But yeah, but if word gets out, could get messy.

5. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

But what if the bar was an electric company?

6. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

Surprising a lawyer would take the case.

Bruce M likes this.
  7. F350

F350

When I did phone work in my hometown I got to know a number of lawyers. Talking to one at a coffee shop one weekend he told me about a case he had just taken on a contingency. I don't remember exactly what it was about but it was a complete crock of bovine excrement.

I said "I can't believe you would take a case like that, no sane jury would find in your favor". He said "You never can tell, If you throw enough s*** at the wall some of it will stick".

So yes; there are plenty of lawyers out there throwing s*** at the wall to see what sticks.

8. LimeyLad

LimeyLad Banned

GVIFlyer, janice6 and Ancientmariner like this.
  9. napp32

napp32

As a Trump supporter, I don't agree with the bar owner's reasoning; but I fully support his right to refuse service to anyone he desires. I have always believed that the lawmakers got it wrong when they took that right away from a business owner.

Caver 60 and Jason Glockman like this.
  10. Jonesee

Jonesee

Why would he want to drink there now?
    Hell after being sued the bar will welcome him back with open arms and serve him a drink with who knows what added...

Bartender makes a quick trip to the restroom, then gleefully offers to buy the guy his first drink...

Trump supporter is not a protected class. The lawsuit will not see the light of day. Depending on political persuasion the publicity may increase or decrease the bar's business.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  11. powernoodle

powernoodle

I love it when inane legislation aimed at pampering whiny leftists is used against them by right wing American Patriots.

janice6 and Gray_Rider like this.
  12. fastbolt

fastbolt

Why not? Maybe the attorney demanded & received an adequate retainer for preliminary work up front?

If a quick nuisance settlement is negotiated and obtained from the bar's insurance carrier, for likely very little time and effort on the part of an attorney, it's probably considered close to be being free money.

The potential for loss of other business might dissuade the bar owner from wanting to drag a civil suit out, too.

Then again, who knows how things look to people in that particular geographical location? Might drag on and be a waste of time and money for everyone but the attorney. ;)

13. Ancientmariner

Ancientmariner

Dave514 is spot on. If the Trump fan were discriminated on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender preference, and perhaps a couple of other recently added protected classifications that escape my limited functioning brain cells, the fan has no legal cause of action. Spread the word, and patronize elsewhere. The benefits of "White Privilege" (can't seem to find the icon for sarcasm).

14. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

Is it the one that TBO's going to?

Bruce M likes this.
  15. Ancientmariner

Ancientmariner

Crea
    Creative legal argument, but it's a stretch.

16. XDRoX

XDRoX

What ever happened to?
    [​IMG]

inthefrey and Caver 60 like this.
  17. Dave514

Dave514

LimeyLad does have an interesting point about the possibility of the use of "creed". While generally used in a religious context, it could be construed to political belief system. I don't see it happening but in 'the courts'...who knows.

18. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

I hope he nails their slimy hide to a barn door....

See that they get what they have asked for, and have so delightfully dished out to us for decades. A whole "heap'n help'n" with a well stocked buffet and mandatory extra helpings for all concerned. I would even go so far as to send him a support check for his efforts.

I for one am done with "playing nice", "turning the other cheek" and being "comrade nice guy" with those who wish to (and have) worked to destroy this nation.

"We don't hold grudges. We remember the facts."

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

P.S.

While I agree they have "the right to deny service to whomever they please", they also invite the right of those offended persons to take their business elsewhere. And -due to the left's never ending troublemaking and pandering to evil wherever they find the slightest provocation- agree to suffer the legal consequences and headaches that they are famous for making their own selves.

Sauce for the gander boys....hope you came hungry.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Pope-onna-Rope likes this.
  19. Ancientmariner

Ancientmariner

Here's some analysis and commentary on "creed" in a legal context. It has often been tied to religious belief. But there might be some wiggle room since the application doesn't appear to have been put to rest by our judiciary. You may have to scroll down past the ads.

http://hrprofessionalsmagazine.com/creed-t-human-rights-act/

20. Dave514

Dave514

Yep. That's what makes me think there is a tiny window of possibility. As the commentary says.."Sooner or later, the courts will be ruling in such cases." They are talking about employment discrimination but could be equally applicable here if the definition of creed extends to political beliefs. I prefer that it doesn't and 'protected classes' should be used very sparingly.