Trump deploying troops

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by thewitt, Jun 1, 2020.

1. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Looks like a photo op to me. Are they even armed?

Oh well. At least the bots can beat their chests and brag on Facebook about "sending in the troops." :animlol:

PennsWoods likes this.
  2. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

Defend that position from a legal standpoint not to mention public opinion standpoint as you seek to quell civil unrest.

serve_and_protect likes this.

3. Dave514

Dave514

You'd prefer monuments vandalized.
    IMG_20200602_205820.jpg

Chui likes this.
  4. Dave514

Dave514

Suddenly it's....

Screenshot_20200602-210114_Twitter.jpg

Thank you President Trump.

Chui likes this.
  5. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Yeah I'm sure those 40 unarmed National Guardsmen really terrified the crowd into remaining peaceful. :rolleyes:

6. Dave514

Dave514

They kept them from continuing to do this stuff.
    IMG_20200602_210628.jpg

Chui and Pwhfirefighter like this.
  7. Trademark

Trademark tabula rasa

The oath says “All enemies foreign and domestic”.

So you all are informed, knob noster is presently quiet.

Chui likes this.
  8. 9XX19mm

9XX19mm

I saw these pics earlier. That’s disgraceful and disgusting. For anyone that’s served, that’s spilled blood, or lost friends and/or family defending this nation... I’d have no issues using any amount of force to stop such vandalism.

The USA love it... or leave it. But trying to get spoiled, entitled, ignorant, immoral children to understand this ideal is a fruitless effort.

Chui likes this.
  9. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

He has teh constitutional authority to do this.

Senator Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) on Monday proposed invoking the Insurrection Act to quell the riots overtaking cities across the country.

The 1807 law gives the president authority to order troops into the interior of the U.S. to put down rebellion. While use of the law is rare, then-president George H.W. Bush invoked the law in 1992 to send troops into Los Angeles during the Rodney King riots.

“What the president can do…[is say that] the rioting, the anarchy, and the looting ends tonight,” Cotton said on Fox News. “If local law enforcement is overwhelmed, if local politicians will not do their most basic job to protect our citizens, let’s see how these anarchists respond when the 101st Airborne is on the other side of the street.”

Cotton later added on Twitter, “and, if necessary, the 10th Mountain, 82nd Airborne, 1st Cav, 3rd Infantry—whatever it takes to restore order. No quarter for insurrectionists, anarchists, rioters, and looters.”

10. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

The Insurrection Act is unconstitutional.

Tom Cotton is probably just sucking up to Trump because he wants a cabinet post after the election.

Same with Lindsey Graham.

I certainly don't like Antifa, but there is no reason to set a dangerous precedent of using the US military against American citizens (yes, I know it's been done before, it was unconstitutional then, too.)

Antifa is just a bunch of losers in ski masks. Let the police crack some skulls and they will scatter back under the rocks they came from.

Use water cannons, tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets.

That will be enough to quell the riots.

No need to put freedom and constitutional rights in danger by deploying the military.

If President Trump can use the military to crush Antifa, then President Kamala/Newsom/Cuomo can use the military to crush conservatives.

Using the military for domestic LE purposes is dangerous and unnecessary.

Kablam, Syclone0538 and Deanster like this.
  11. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

National Guard was needed to prevent minor graffiti?

OK. That sounds like a cost-effective use of government resources. :rolleyes:

12. Dave514

Dave514

Orange man bad.

Chui likes this.
  13. Kablam

Kablam

The police need to be used to restore order. Clearly the use of some amount of force is necessary. The police and local and state authorities need to be in front of this, not the military. They have all the resources they need when they decide to take action...or not. If it is not handled locally then, the state and local authorities will have to answer for their actions. This is a trap for the President. He should pay attention to the Constitution, not the big government advisors he surrounds himself with. These are local issues. If federal law is violated, the deal with that, but it is up to the local authorities to deal with the riots which includes asking for Federal help.

When Cuomo says, “Thanks but no thanks” to federal intervention, let him live with his tough guy blustering and grandstanding. When he and that NYC mayor come to the fed for money to rebuild the mess due to their decisions, remind them that they have the power and the responsibilities that come with that power. The answer is NO. Again the urban areas have proven they are not prepared to protect the residents. But many have achieved sanctuary city status so there’s that.

serve_and_protect and Deanster like this.
  14. Chui

Chui

The question then becomes what did WE do to prevent the decay from reaching the levels that “require” Government intervention?

I understand the Hegelian Principle: create a problem, offer a solution and work to obtain that solution (poor summary).

The problem is that too many people would rather sit on their hands and poke fun at those who are working trying to figure out what’s going on as opposed to “singing slogans”. Little do people know that when someone screams “conspiracy theory” I think, “there goes a damned fool...”

It’s the public-at-large’s fault. We don’t do anything. We are like sheep. And sheep are shorn. And sheep require shepherd dogs to nip, BITE and constantly harass them to keep them where the owner wants them and to protect them from feral dogs, coyotes and wolves.

How’s that sports game coming along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Chui

Chui

Defend YOUR neighborhood being burned to ashes.

16. Chui

Chui

Run on up the steps and find out...

9XX19mm likes this.
  17. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

Shooting rioters was your idea not mine. I'll wait for your explanation as requested.

serve_and_protect likes this.
  18. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Kind of ironic that the Hong Kong protesters have been rioting/protesting for over a year, and the Communist Chinese government still hasn't sent in their military.

But when the USA has just a few days of riots, people are demanding the use of US troops against American civilians.

It's pretty pathetic when Communist China shows more restraint than "The Land Of The Free" in using military force against its own people.

:rolleyes:

But then again, the Chinese are famous for thinking about the long-term consequences of their actions.

Unlike certain short-sighted and foolish GT posters, who are enthusiastically willing to throw freedom out the window and implement martial law, just so they can feel good about "owning the libs" and gloat on Facebook about Antifa being smashed.

PennsWoods likes this.
  19. 9XX19mm

9XX19mm

Maybe you should move there? Better yet Beijing. You'll fit right in.

Chui likes this.
  20. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Maybe you should stop mindlessly supporting statism without caring about the future consequences?

Terry G likes this.