close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trump, Dems, to save Dreamers

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Kentak, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Kentak

Kentak

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Trump met with Shumer and Pelosi, excluded Republicans from the dinner meeting, and afterwards the Dems were grinning like Cheshire cats. Hmmm....

3. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

No Hmmm about it...Time for Repubs to make some Positive forward moves...Also Trump likes to play with the liberals...keeps `em confused...disoriented... :dunno:makes `em talk out of their ***.......

... He knows what he ran on...Americans know what he ran on...Trump be a smooth operator...:supergrin:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYv2PhG89A

dudel likes this.
  4. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

Thanking G-d Hillary Lost and for the ignore list
    With Trump, I always feared that everything was negotiable and tradable, and he has no core values. My concern is that he will sell out the 2nd Amendment to get tax reform or something else he wants.

I hope he realizes that dealing with democrats is like dealing with communists, you give them what they want first, then you don't get what you wanted. Reagan and Bush 41 both learned that the hard way.

DACA kids were staying anyway. Ivanka wasn't about to let them get deported.

5. IvanVic

IvanVic

This is the heart of the problem.

evlbruce, Kablam, Rawah and 1 other person like this.
  6. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

I really fail to see how this is a surprise. Since the beginning, he has been in negotiation mode. He has core values, they just aren't far left or right values. There is some ground between "deport them all now" and "make anyone that shows up a voting citizen today".

Whatever happens it's not going to be perfect. That's the world we live in.

I'll wait and see what he gets. So far, I think what he's gotten is the republican leaderships attention. I heard a report of a poll on the radio this morning.

72% of Republican Voters Welcome Trump’s Outreach to Dems

The people conservatives should dislike more than Chucky and Nancy are Mitch and Ryan.

This deal didn't happen because of Trump, this deal happened because of the betrayal of the Republican Party leadership.

He's not getting ANY of his legislative agenda passed with the Republicans, might as well get some of his agenda done with the democrats. That will require a lot of compromise. If the republican leadership hadn't betrayed him, they could have slammed through a lot of 100% conservative solutions.

Did you expect him to sit on his hands and pout until we gave him some new Republicans to work with in 2019?

He recently said that he's getting something or no deal.

IMG_2687.PNG

7. walt cowan

walt cowan

well said doc.

"Doc" Cavalry likes this.
  8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Trump gave congress six months to come up with legislation to accomplish this.

Who here think Ryan and McConnell are up to the task?

Trump is not a conservative. You knew that going in. Whining about it now is pathetic.

He is not loyal to, nor does he owe anything to either party. Ryan, McConnell and the rest of the traitorous bastards have opposed him since the first day he announced his candidacy and they oppose his agenda everyday in Washington D.C.

"The swamp is dreary, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Apologies to Robert Frost.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Bish1309 and "Doc" Cavalry like this.
  9. walt cowan

walt cowan

the country turns it's tired eyes towards Steve Bannon.

10. elkhart

elkhart

Sort of. He has a set of values, he values himself "winning" over all else. Not winning for the people, the party, the country. If he can mark something up as a win, good enough. The contortions people are making to justify this guy are truly spectacular.

Kablam, Rawah and IvanVic like this.
  11. alank2

alank2

Well, we've gone from criminal aliens to dreamers...

Remember when the democRAT's were asserting that the president may be compromised by the Russians - I wonder if he is compromised with the democRAT's...

12. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

Sure would have been nice if the Republicans had worked with him and rammed a conservative agenda through when we had the chance.

Remember that in the primary.

Kablam, janice6 and happyguy like this.
  13. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

Republicans are the new Democrats. Lol!

janice6 and happyguy like this.
  14. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

The Washington Post...sorry, not a trustworthy news source especially when it comes to Trump.

Bish1309, happyguy and "Doc" Cavalry like this.
  15. alank2

alank2

+1, I've gone from very hopeful last year when Hillary was defeated and republican's controlled both houses to about as disappointed as I could be that republicans finally had a chance to try to right the ship some and they are pissing it away day by day.

I think the one that burns me the most is they put up bills (was it tens of times?) to completely remove obamacare when they knew they had no traction, but have no guts to put one up when it has any chance.

16. dartor

dartor

For those who want to jump on Trump about making deals and not keeping his word, don't fall for fake news and rumors. Trump will reveal his plans in time.

17. Kentak

Kentak

Now WH is disputing a "deal." Waiting for clarification.

Check his twitter feed.

"Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!....."

Also...

"No deal was made last night on DACA. Massive border security would have to be agreed to in exchange for consent. Would be subject to vote."

Seems to me he'd be open to a deal that gives slack to Dreamers in exchange for tighter border security. Deals are always give and take.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  18. IvanVic

IvanVic

This is pure insanity. Do we have no concept of history? How many times have we been promised "tighter border security" after we give amnesty? How'd that workout before? It's the wall or nothing. Anything less than a real wall is useless. "Tighter security" either won't be enforced as promised, or if it is, it will stop being enforced as soon as a democrat gets into the white house again. A wall is permanent. It doesn't need enforcing.

Kablam, janice6 and SunsetMan like this.
  19. Dave514

Dave514

The only people I ever heard say that Trump was going to deport "dreamers" were the MSM and squawking Dems.

I don't guess anybody recalls the Amnesty efforts of Ronald Reagan.

In the meantime, Trump said he was going to get 180,000 illegals with criminal records out of here. I'm ready for that.

SevenSixtyTwo and LASTRESORT20 like this.
  20. P99er

P99er AKA PPQ'er

Be sure to run out and vote the entire republican ticket next election. That way, you deserve what you get.

Don't blame the republicans, blame the idiots who send them to DC because they "aren't democrats". I've never voted for Bob Corker or Lamar Alexander.