Trump considering plan to use artificial intelligence to decide who can own guns

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by serve_and_protect, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Don't you get it? That's the whole problem here. The very fact that he's even having these thoughts is the entire topic of the conversation.

I voted for him so that he could not only tell the Left where to stick it, but tell the Left where to stick their gun control as well. So far, he's not doing that, and he's not filling me with confidence.

Trump needs to stand FIRM on the 2nd Amendment, or GTFO.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Agonizer, Wayward Son and Cambo like this.
  2. TxGun

TxGun

Yeah, of course I get it. There's nothing complicated about it. My point is, why worry until you know it's something real? But that's me. You're you. We're all different in the way we process things like that.

3. as400guy1

as400guy1

And who would take his place?

Intolerant likes this.
  4. as400guy1

as400guy1

Well, i've only seen anti trump propaganda from you. It's almost as if you were working for the DNC to sow discontent within the right.

5. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Check the thread about tariffs.

I praised Trump in very strong terms there.

6. Dafrank

Dafrank

I definitely agree. I can’t say this with certainty, but if my memory is correct, almost, or maybe all, threads introduced here by the OP are explicitly anti Trump and most of them have had themes which, if credited as accurate, would tend to separate the President’s supporters from him, and benefit Democrats, whose record on the 2nd Amendment is between dismal and totally adversarial. He seems to support, by the obvious and inevitable effect of his posts, the people who would definitely work full time to take all our rights to firearms away from us. You might call this kind of thing a disinformation campaign, if I was forced to put a name on it. But, I’m sure he must be telling the truth, that he was a strong Trump supporter at first. Rrrright. Hey I’ve got this beautiful bridge in Brooklyn that I’ve just got to sell at a big loss that could be a big gain for you. Just give me a call with your bank account number and .............

Intolerant likes this.
  7. as400guy1

as400guy1

Uh huh

8. Dafrank

Dafrank

Hey, I may have confused some people and been too harsh on someone here. Serve and Protect doesn’t appear to be a totally and reflexively anti Trump person. I apologize if I have directed my ire to the wrong person. Still, this thread is premature at best; no need to criticize the President before anything has actually happened. In fact, that kind of sounds like “pre crime” to me.

Agonizer likes this.
  9. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

Surely no one in their right mind actually believes this tinfoil hat crap!

10. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

BS. Trump is anti big tech for silencing conservatives and anti Leftists.
    So he is not going to do something this stupid.

11. Intolerant

Intolerant

I too, find it hard to believe that Trump would allow such a thing, but we already know big brother watches everything we do. And they do it without the presidents permission all the time.

If they can read your license plate on your vehicle from a satellite thousands of miles away, whats to stop them from from seeing what else you do everyday. Now, if a democrat were in power right now, they would already be trying to prosecute you before a crime ever took place, or, make up a crime against you. They tried doing that to Trump already, and they still continue trying, to do so.

Think about it, we have finger print and facial recognition in cell phones. (that technology has been around for awhile) That information is being stored, somewhere, and is being used to compile information, about you. Your cell phone tracks your every move as it sits in your pocket. If your vehicle has a satellite antenna, it tracks everywhere you go. Vehicles have microphones in them so that you can talk on your cell phone thru your radio. Never think for a moment that they can`t hear what you say.

There was a story awhile back, it was a GM automobile with on star. The couple in the car were fighting. The male was aggressively yelling at the female passenger. A voice came over the vehicles speakers, and asked if the female in the vehicle needed assistance. Now whether this story is true or false, i don`t doubt that it can`t ever happen with all this technology today.

serve_and_protect and Agonizer like this.
  12. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Well, did you check the thread??

13. JK-linux

JK-linux

You can design algorithms to “discover” whatever you want. It’s conclusions are whatever it’s parameters allow for. I don’t see this as a good thing.

But, it’s a twofer... grab guns, and break up firearms related social groups, to discourage new aficionados and enthusiasts.

14. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Talk enough about how it's a 'mental health' problem instead of any other sort of problem, and someone's gonna start proposing radical ways to address the 'mental health' problem.

I've always thought the "it's a mental health problem" distraction was a mistake. All along we should've been saying, "it's a we don't publicly torture people who commit gun crimes with testicle electrodes" problem.

Intolerant likes this.
  15. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

I don't think anyone is blaming Trump for something that hasn't happened yet.

The article is simply a warning about a dangerous gun control proposal that is being pushed, and that Trump has indicated he is open to.

It seems that Tucker Carlson considered it important enough to put on his website.

I saw the article and I thought people should know about it, since if it happens, it will be very bad for our gun rights. If the government is allowed to use a computer program to determine who shouldn't be allowed to own guns, 2A well be effectively dead.

I was concerned when I read in the article that Trump has been receptive to this idea.

So, I thought it would be a good idea to pay the article here and let everyone know about this dangerous idea that is being pushed, so they can call and email Trump and tell him to oppose it.

There are some people on here who seem to think that even the slightest questioning of Trump shouldn't be allowed or acceptable. They basically have put their heads in the sand, and blindly support whatever Trump does.

That is a very dangerous attitude to have, and it is certainly not one that I share. If everyone just says "yes Mister Trump, great idea!" whenever Trump talks about new gun control measures, we won't have any rights left, since Trump will assume that gun owners don't care about keeping our rights.

The Trumpbots who always mindlessly support everything Trump does are certainly not helping to preserve our gun rights in any way.

Trump needs to be told in very clear terms that ideas like using computer algorithms to red flag "extremists" is completely unacceptable.

If enough people call and email the White House and tell him to oppose new gun control if he wants our votes, then he will be a lot less likely to implement any new gun control, since he wants to be reelected.

16. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Tucker Carlson considered it important enough to post on the Daily Caller.

17. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

This guy gets it.

The computer algorithms will be specifically designed to red flag patriotic conservatives, especially white Trump supporters.

No one can say they weren't warned.

18. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Clicks, baby.

19. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

It's true that every website owner wants clicks, but Tucker is strong Trump and MAGA supporter.

I trust that he wouldn't spread false rumors in his website just to get clicks.

If Tucker thinks that the proposal to use computers and algorithms to red flag people, is serious enough that he should post about it on his website to warn everyone, then I certainly trust his judgment.

Hopefully everyone reading the article on Tucker's site will contact Trump and tell him to oppose this dangerous idea.

20. as400guy1

as400guy1

Nope
    Just calls em as i sees em.