Trump commutes sentence of ex-Gov. Blagojevich, pardons Kerik

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TBO, Feb 18, 2020.

1. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

President Trump should save his pardoning for the day after re-election, for political purposes.

2. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I'm not sure why you're putting words in my mouth but I'm not real fond of either. I do hate Lib-tards with a vicious passion. I also think Blagojevich is a POS but I don't think he should have to sit in prison for 14 years. I'm a gun owner first and foremost, if you don't think Trump is the best choice we have I feel sorry for you, and you shouldn't be posting on GLOCKTALK. Again, I don't have a problem with telling Lib-tards every damn chance I get how pathetic they are. Hope that clear that up.

3. fgutie35

fgutie35

I agree with you. Blago knows the Chicago machine very well and it could be an instrumental player in Trump's fight against the deep state. He might be used to testify against the Obama gang.

DMaddox, rock_castle and Rinspeed like this.
  4. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

That's why he was released.'08.

5. thespork

thespork

He might even know the secret entrance to that pizza parlor sex dungeon... Lulz

6. Terry G

Terry G

This is so comical. Whenever Trump put's his foot in it, and he does it a lot, his Trump is Never Wrong defenders bring up Hillary. Over three years ago Hillary. If that doesn't work, and it's way past quitting time on that dodge, we'll come up with some brilliantly clever multi-dimensional chess move. Trump should not have pardoned that criminal. He screwed up. It's going to cost him. Wave the 2nd Amendment flag all you want, he hasn't thrown much our way, now has he? Bump Fire, Red Flag Laws? Show me something positive.

OGW likes this.
  7. Dave514

Dave514

That seems clear.

And that lib deserved 100 years.

8. NMG26

NMG26

Who's he trying to make cry?

Fully in his right to do so, the right people will cry.

9. Schrag4

Schrag4

This is the first idea that makes sense to me (Roger Stone). The thought had crossed my mind that perhaps Blago was willing to testify about something, but I think the Stone thing makes more sense.

JFrame likes this.
  10. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Not all Federal Prisons are minimum security. There are five (5) security categories.

Once again, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons; but what would they know about Federal Prisons? Perhaps you should give them a call to correct them.

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_sec_levels.jsp

11. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

I could care less about Blago or Kerik, but the timing is foolish. Shoulda waited until after the election to get crazy with the pardoning Cheez- Whiz.

Oh, well. Trump's survived shooting himself in the foot so many times already, he'll probably survive this too. Besides, he's almost certain to dump another mag or six into his tootsies between now and November and none of us will remember this by election day.

ETA: However, the fine folks over at Second City Cop are hearing rumors that an incarcerated IL politician may have turned snitch on the party machine. In which case a pardon for services rendered would be more legitimate.

https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/?m=1

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    mj9mm likes this.
  12. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

The Swamp is everywhere. In the Cleveland area we have former county leaders and their klingons serving about 250 years of combined federal time.

The swamp really isn't a swamp, but a Pez dispenser of corrupt politicians.

Lockback likes this.
  13. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

That's pretty much my take on it. I'm not sure I quite get the Blago thing. But I've always liked Kerik.
    Presidential commutations and pardons are often controversial but it is a power specifically listed in the Constitution. And when you look at some of the scumbags Clinton and Obama pardoned, it's hard to get overly exorcised about Trump's choices.

14. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

"The wife of ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, Patti, in the past two years or so repeatedly appeared on Fox News and appealed to President Donald Trump to show mercy to her husband.

In the process, she showered Trump with praise and bashed people like former FBI Directors James Comey and Robert Mueller, who have frequently been targeted by the president in relation to his ire over the Russia investigation.

Trump took notice, mentioning her as he publicly mulled over commuting Blagojevich's 14-year prison sentence on corruption charges"

"We have commuted the sentence of Rod Blagojevich. He served eight years in jail. That's a long time. And I watched his wife on television. I don't know him very well. I've met him a couple of times. He was on, for a short while, on 'The Apprentice,' years ago. Seemed like a very nice person. Don't know him," the president said, referencing Blagojevich's stint on "Celebrity Apprentice," the reality TV show Trump hosted."

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...mueller-fox-news-2020-2?utm_source=reddit.com

OGW likes this.
  15. cbetts1

cbetts1

Martha Stewart was not convicted of insider trading. Her portfolio directer/stock broker notified her that she should sell a certain stock. She gave permission to sell. She got in trouble for talking to the FBI and making a statement that was proven not to be 100% accurate. Her crappy lawyer let her talk to the FBI.

felony charges of conspiracy, obstruction of an agency proceeding, and making false statements to federal investigators,

mj9mm likes this.
  16. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

Ever wonder if he acted alone? I'm sure nobody else knew about it until they seen it on the news.

17. Dave514

Dave514

Saw.

Probably right.

18. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

I think Blago is a POS, but I think Jesse Jackson Jr and another that we were not allowed to talk about should have been in jail with him. But Chicago is busy city. Someone's wife could be a ghost employee at the hospital and they would never know.

mj9mm and Dave514 like this.
  19. Terry G

Terry G

I know that. We were discussing camps. FPC, FCI, USP. The Super Max. I don't know if the super max has a special designation. Believe me, I don't need to go online to BOP.Gov. Please, school me some more about the Federal BOP>

20. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

Wake me up when Trump pardons Obama and Clinton.

JFrame and mj9mm like this.