GlockTalk Forum banner

621 - 640 of 686 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
If Obama had done even an decent job it's unlikely Trump would have won either.

Right, I've been saying this since the first debate. Undecideds and moderates are already on board with one side, and probably voted early. This is not an election to be trying to sway the moderates, this is an election about energizing your base to get out to vote more than the other side. It is not a typical election by any means.

*edit: there could be some changes yet based on policy though, like unions and oil/gas, but even they have largely decided at this point I'd bet.
Unions are the big one they vote biggly and any manufacturing, oil and gas, or coal union that supports Biden deserves to lose everything.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I thought Biden’s point about replacing fossil fuels with renewables by 2025 was pretty interesting.

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
Undecideds and moderates are already on board with one side, and probably voted early. T
Undecided voters are likely to vote last. They are far more likely to show up on election day than vote two weeks before.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Undecided voters are likely to vote last. They are far more likely to show up on election day than vote two weeks before.
Absolutely, I've been one quite often in my life! But I just don't think there are very many left this time around, with how polarized we are in this election cycle. It just doesn't make sense to base a campaign strategy around them at this point, energizing the base is a better return.

Now, Joe alienating the oil industry (what left of it that might have supported him, which I don't think was all that much) on national television certainly didn't hurt.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
We all know that Trump must get Texas, Florida, Ohio and Penn. Will he?
Texas & Ohio? Yes. Done.
Florida and Penn, still up for grabs. I know polls don't matter, but... (big butt)
How does Biden's lead in Florida/Pennsylvania/Michigan compare to 4 years ago vs Killary?

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
We all know that Trump must get Texas, Florida, Ohio and Penn. Will he?
Texas & Ohio? Yes. Done.
Florida and Penn, still up for grabs. I know polls don't matter, but... (big butt)
How does Biden's lead in Florida/Pennsylvania/Michigan compare to 4 years ago vs Killary?
We just forgetting Wisconsin? Marquette poll last week had it a slim Biden lead within the margin of error and I believe had Hillary up 9 or 10 at this point last election. From what I've seen, I think he takes WI again.

I know we don't have a ton of electoral votes, but still.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
We just forgetting Wisconsin? Marquette poll last week had it a slim Biden lead within the margin of error and I believe had Hillary up 9 or 10 at this point last election. From what I've seen, I think he takes WI again.

I know we don't have a ton of electoral votes, but still.
Awesome! Great to hear! I hope Trump does take Wisconsin.

Reactions: Csv

·
Registered
26,198 Posts
I think Trump's performance in this last debate will make a difference. He was very good.

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
I keep asking myself that when I drive past a Biden / Harris sign.
Me too. All three of them!f

In the past few days, I have driven from a job site in Houston, to my house in Bastrop. (104 miles). Then to another job site in Lindale Tx. (228 miles) and have seen three yard signs.
I did see a maybe half dozen billboards for Sleepy Joe and the Hoe.

·
Registered
19,624 Posts
I just wish early voting started today. Biden wouldn't stand a chance and I think some are regretting voting for that fool. Hopefully, it's only the die hard leftist that have done their voting for him. Last night was good for us though.

I'm reading that it is possible to change your early vote, but not sure if that is correct.

Eb4faEKL.png

·
Registered
55,351 Posts
Blowing my mind how many on the left had no clue what coyotes were.

This kid got into Harvard?

View attachment 853910
There could be no greater indicator than that, that today Harvard is a diploma-mill for the politically appropriate with deep pockets or other selling points... :upeyes:

621 - 640 of 686 Posts