GlockTalk Forum banner

601 - 620 of 686 Posts

·
Registered
74,431 Posts

·
Registered
55,333 Posts
BTW, why were the questions in this debate pretty much the same as the last one? COVID-19, racism, climate change... all done last time around. If the debates weren’t rigged, there’d be more foreign policy talk, especially Iran and Israel.
Yep... As well as President Trump is doing in general, he's TOTALLY kicking ass on foreign policy. The leftists/globalists definitely don't want to go there.

·
Registered
74,431 Posts

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
BTW, why were the questions in this debate pretty much the same as the last one? COVID-19, racism, climate change... all done last time around. If the debates weren’t rigged, there’d be more foreign policy talk, especially Iran and Israel.
I thought it ironic how the Corona virus is politicized by the mainstream media=Democrats yet it was President Trump, his wife and youngest son who just recovered from the virus.

Since it is such a big deal to them you would think they would have the decency to ask President Trump how he is feeling and wish him well on his quick recovery.

Still the debate went well for Trump and while a Liberal, this latest moderator was far fairer than Chris Wallace. Wallace needs to immediately retire due to that shameful biased performance on the first debate.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
I missed the first probably 20 or so minutes of this debate, when I put it on I thought President Trump was doing awful with his tax excuses. However, once he got past that, I thought that he did very well....better than the last debate, for sure.

I thought overall that Biden had Trump edged out in thought-out, well-rehearsed answers, and I think that is going to resonate more with the American people than the same repeated answers that Trump has been giving on his campaign stops....the same ones he gave tonight.

I wouldn't change my vote for anything in the world. But man.....debates are NOT Donald's strong point.
I was trying to watch it from the viewpoint of an undecided voter and I’d have to agree. I don’t think Trump torched Biden as everyone else here thinks. If anything they both might have turned people off by calling each other a liar on every topic. It was like two children fighting...who are you supposed to believe?

·
Rational
14,227 Posts
I was trying to watch it from the viewpoint of an undecided voter and I’d have to agree. I don’t think Trump torched Biden as everyone else here thinks. If anything they both might have turned people off by calling each other a liar on every topic. It was like two children fighting...who are you supposed to believe?
I agree. Ultimately it sounds like, based on the Focus Groups, that everyone already has a side though.

·
INFIDEL
10,263 Posts
trump throws out a bunch of details on dirty money flowing through hunter to daddy and the host focuses on trumps tax returns? lol ...where the F is the hard follow up questions to joe???!!!

Why dont they have a debate with hannity as the moderator? this is essentially what the debates have been except with leftists running them

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
trump throws out a bunch of details on dirty money flowing through hunter to daddy and the host focuses on trumps tax returns? lol ...where the F is the hard follow up questions to joe???!!!

Why dont they have a debate with hannity as the moderator? this is essentially what the debates have been except with leftists running them
Well you know the Republicans are either idiots or in on trying to unseat Trump by how they allowed the Leftists to control the debates.

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
12,721 Posts
Well you know the Republicans are either idiots or in on trying to unseat Trump by how they allowed the Leftists to control the debates.
These debates are essentially political suicide for republicans. It’s surreal how rigged it is.

Reactions: jr24 and 3007

·
Registered
15,295 Posts
My loony leftist neighbor posted this one on our community board last night. At least some leftists though Biden won, but they would have said that before the debate, so there's that.

Liberalism is a disease. I wonder if the changes to Obamacare will consider it a pre-existing condition.

She had a "debate party" by the way - or maybe it was a "debait party," I'm not exactly sure now. I didn't know she fished too (or is that to?).

I thought I might post a link to a free add-on spell checker for her browser. Too nasty?

upload_2020-10-23_7-53-23.png

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
I am not making fun of Biden but the man has dementia and the bulb is waining. It will most likely happen to all of us. He has no business running for President. I also didn’t realize he’s pudgy.

It’s clear Biden knew the questions ahead of time and his rehearsed answers and 1960’s slogans were good but around the edges of his replies, you saw the slippage with the squinting and the buh buh buh’s and bz bz bz’s. It’s scary that there are actually idiots in this nation who would give him the keys to the country or shall we say to his controllers?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
The line of the night, you and Obama are why I ran for President. If you did a good job, I wouldn’t have run.
If Obama had done even an decent job it's unlikely Trump would have won either.

I agree. Ultimately it sounds like, based on the Focus Groups, that everyone already has a side though.

Right, I've been saying this since the first debate. Undecideds and moderates are already on board with one side, and probably voted early. This is not an election to be trying to sway the moderates, this is an election about energizing your base to get out to vote more than the other side. It is not a typical election by any means.

*edit: there could be some changes yet based on policy though, like unions and oil/gas, but even they have largely decided at this point I'd bet.

601 - 620 of 686 Posts