Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A woman's laptop was stolen. She had set it up to automatically email images from the on-board camera to her email address. I like this. These two dopes unwittingly posed for their own mugshots. No names associated with the faces yet, but they'll get caught. I need to figure out how to set up my laptop like this.

Smile for the nice policeman

·
NRA Life Member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figure the only way they have a prayer is to get the heck outta Dodge. Newport News isn't that big. The whole Hampton Roads "metropolitan" area is only about 2 million people.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Must have been a Mac. I run the same program's on mine. MobileMe allows me to activate my Insight camera and Undercover will get my Mac home as well.

·
NRA Life Member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No kidding.

Only thing better would be an on-board GPS locator. Get the computer to email it's location to the owner every 12 hours or immediately upon boot up.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My laptop came with three years free of LoJack. If I don't use if for awhile they email me and tell me to log on so they know where it is at.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
"You don't have to come in and confess. We gonna fiiiiind you."

"You are so dumb!"

:rofl:

·
Why so serious?
65,795 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
No kidding.

Only thing better would be an on-board GPS locator. Get the computer to email it's location to the owner every 12 hours or immediately upon boot up.
A friends iPhone was stolen and recovered because of some GPS app. He managed to track it down to the exact apartment it was in.

·
Why so serious?
65,795 Posts
Did he talk to the Police?

·
Watcher.
40,598 Posts
Unless your fluent in Prussian,you won't get past the start up on any of our computers.'08.

I'm gonna love seeing when these subjects get 10/72d. :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The reality is they will likely get a lawyer, sue her for invasion of privacy, and probably win.

·
Kydex Crafter
6,457 Posts
Darn, none of my laptops have a built in camera!!!!!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Yeah. They weren't willing to do anything about it.
No money in it for them.

I bet they would have sent a car right out for a car travelling at a high rate of speed ticket.
:tongueout:

·
Why so serious?
65,795 Posts
Happy as two peas in a pod.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts