Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first handgun, and decided on the Glock 19.
I have shot Glocks in the past, and have come to realize how much I dislike the sights, but by taking residency in the state of Commiefornia, I have to wait until next Friday to pick it up, so that gives me time to find replacement sights. With this in mind, I am trying to decide on a good set of night sights to add. I've looked into the TruGlo TFX sights and the Trijicon HD's. I like the TFX because they're nice and bright during daylight, but I'm not too fond of the rear fiber optics; it seems kinda "distracting," if I may, since the front sight is the main sight you should be focusing on.
ANYWAY, what I'm trying to get at is, is it a good idea to have the TruGlo TFX as the front sight while having a Trijicon HD rear sight? Have any of you done anything like this? If so, how do/did you like it? Recommended? Does accuracy increase/decrease?

· Banned
12,674 Posts
I would want the front sight to be tritium. If it was truly dark you would want to see the front.
. I have black Sevigny carry rears with tritium front. This draws your eye to the front sight.

If you prefer FO use it on the front

· Registered
15,399 Posts
I have the HDs, the rear sight is ideal in my opinion. If you like the TFO, (I think that is the tritium/fiberoptic?), then if the height is right it looks like a nice combo. The HD front has the huge orange or yellow doughnut, very fast to find but it dominates the front sight in daylight, for me it makes it hard to see the edges of the front sight for purposes of precise alignment in the rear notch.

I still love them, they work in dark, in shade and in light. Recently shot a match where my front sight went from shade to direct sun and back as I moved from target to target and I never lost the front sight, the orange showed up fine in the shade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.