Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Gen 3 Glock 21c. I want to add a set of TruGlo TFO sights. I have them on a Glock 19 currently and love them.

Any personal experience with using those sights with a C ported gun? I know the front site would get dirty due to the vented gases but was just wondering how bad it really is from people that have tried it.

thanks

·
Retired Member
9,198 Posts
Since nobody's taken this...

I seem to recall a picture posted here, years back, of a TFO front sight fairly fried in this situation... The FO rod had actually warped from the heat...

That said, I suppose a lot would depend on the ammo you choose for the majority of your shooting with this set up. Some ammos burn much cleaner than others, and have a lower flash too.

Are you competing with this proposed rig? If so, an experienced range master could probably advise you.

Alternatively, the folks at Dawson Precision could probably advise you in this as well. I've found them to be very helpful:

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true

And the folks at AmeriGlo are aces too:

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock

I mean, an FO is an FO, right? :dunno:

Let us know what they tell you! :wavey:

By the bye, be careful using harsh solvents on FO rods, as they can chemically etch the rods and dim them down considerably. I use a product called H2Orange2 to clean my FO sights, but I've never had Hoppe's Elite Gun Cleaner damage anything I've used it on either. :thumbsup:

--Ray

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've put roughly 6000 rounds through my 19c with TFOs on it. Haven't ever had a problem. I just wiped it off like I did with the stock sights and all has been good. They are still bright as ever. And as far as I can tell the FO looks just like it did new. Hope that helps a little

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have an Ameriglow fiber optic front sight on my 17c. I have had it for a couple of years and about 3000 rounds with no problems. I clean it with a cotton swab and windex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts