TruGlo TFO Night Sights.....

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by double07gt, Jan 3, 2010.

1. double07gt

double07gt

Anybody else running these? I just put some on my G20, love 'em!

2. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

I've heard great things! Planning on installing some on my G22. Do you have both green or green and yellow?

3. double07gt

double07gt

G-31,

Went with both "green".

4. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

May I ask why?

I would think the green and yellow would be easier to find.

5. double07gt

double07gt

color coordinated i suppose.....:supergrin:

When I was picking mine up there was a guy with some on his gun (green yellow). He let me check it out, I didn't like the way it looked.

6. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

Makes sense. I've got factory night sights on my G31 and there very easy to find, especially when it's all you can see. Thanks for the discussion. :wavey:

7. English

English

The difference is that the TFOs show up well in all light conditions but the factory night shights don't really handle dusk all that well and in daylight they are just like ordinary three dot sights.

English

8. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

With my eyes not what they used to be, they are the best I have found for my eyesight.

9. jaysonL

jaysonL

I have them, and to be honest.... I'm not impressed at all . They look real cool , just looking at them . But, I think they are extremely difficult to find at night, and low light conditions . I only paid 39$ for them new , so , I'll keep them until I find something else I like better . BTW , they are all green .

10. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

$39 dollars? are you sure they are TFO's? I paid $120 dollars installed. Something doesn't sound right. :dunno:

11. leadslinger13

leadslinger13

jaysonL I don't think you have the TFO's $39.00 is a heck o f a deal if they are.

I have them on my 20 and like the sight picture as it reminds me of my old 1911 sights. I like the green yellow contrast makes the green easier to pick up. In dark i like the idea that they are not little beacons of light they seem just right. Now i am disappointed that when under cover of the shooting range and the evening is coming on then they don't show up. This is because of their design which only allows light to access the tubes from the top.

All in all I like them and they do work for me.

JMHO

12. webster223

webster223 Can't remember

Have them on my G19 and they work really well in marginal light; nice and bright across a wider range of light conditions than tritium or fiber optic by themselves.

I'm not thrilled with how long the front sight is given the Glock sight attachment setup--a hard enough knock can send it out of alignment. But the sights sure are pretty.

13. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

I'm fairly positive that for the price you mentioned and the fact you stated they're hard to pick up in low light/no light situations that you bought the regular Fiber Optic set and not the TFO's. The TFO's are a mix of tritium AND fiber optic thus why they're so bright in ANY light situation. Double check on what you bought, there is no way you would not see them in the dark if you do have the TFO sights.

All that being said, be careful with these sights when cleaning your guns. Most gun cleaning products will destroy the tubes if you get them on there. Trust me I learned the hard way myself with a set I use to have.

:wavey:

14. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

I had my TFO's installed on my Glock 35 for one month before I then noticed an add mentioning the tritium.....; I ran into a dark closet, closed the door, shut off the lights, and.... BEHOLD.....they they were....

TFOs cost from $100-$120 retail.....I suspect someone has just Fiber sights, good in daytime, but, TFOs can most definitely be seen at nighttime.

15. jaysonL

jaysonL

Well here's what I have . The package says T.F.O.s and if you look hard enough , you can see the price tag says 39.99 . Maybe there is something else you all have that I don't ?

[​IMG]
    Here they are on the gun...
    [​IMG]

Here's another pic...(poor quality)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  16. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Wow. You could have made some money here, either selling those or betting someone you got them at that price. :wow:

17. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

My apoligies then JaysonL, the price you got those for is incredible, that's what the non tritium Tru glos sell for. I have no idea then why you can't see them in the dark. as others have already stated the TFO's are VERY bright during the day, and even more so at night.

Did you ever get gun scrubber or any cleaning product on the tubes?

Maybe they cracked during installation?

:dunno:

18. jaysonL

jaysonL

Cracking is a possibility , but I was pretty careful . I have not gotten any cleaning product on them .

19. onelowtruck69

onelowtruck69

I think they forgot to put a 1 in front of the 39.99. Lucky you. I have these on my g19 and i think they are great.I shoot alot in the woods when its not dark but not the best lighting either and they glow nicely.However id like em alot more if got em for 39.99 lol.

20. Alexpag

Alexpag