Trueglo TFO or Trijicon or Mepro

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Pn2, Apr 14, 2012.

1. jb1911

jb1911

I just sent my G26 slide out to have a set of Ameriglo Operators installed. I'll check back in here when I try them out.

2. Pn2

Pn2

I am getting

- Ameriglo i-Dot (Not pro) $67
    - Ameriglo classic grn/grn (1 frnt/ 2 rear) $ 76
    - Meprolight tru dot $ 89

What would be your choice ?

Also if anyone has, how is the sight tool from Glockmeister $ 99, the vedio looks good, but is that strong and sturdy

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

3. MannyA

MannyA

4. Pn2

Pn2

Whats the preference on color combination.

green/green
    green/yellow
    green / orange

I will use for range and SD, its not quite bright in the range,

5. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Of those three choices, I strongly prefer the AmeriGlo I-Dot. I owned the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro sights for my G30SF 45ACP which are nearest to the AmeriGlo I-Dot choice you present. They were my favorite set of night sights among four types I've owned in the past. I wrote about the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro sights in the post at the following link, including why I prefer green front and yellow rear:

https://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16862198&postcount=5

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  6. Pn2

Pn2

Thanks

I have already read your review, but I am not getting the i-dot pro aywhere, only the i-dot, which brings the question of daylight sight picture of the i-dot vs the i-dot pro.

What are your thoughts on that ?

7. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Below is a good photo comparison of the sight picture of the AmeriGlo I-Dot and the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro in bright indoor office lighting. The I-Dot Pro front sight (ProGlo style) is even brighter in outdoor sunlight. There are more photos and reviews at jerkingthetrigger.com (links provided below).

While I never owned the AmeriGlo I-Dot set with the white outline on the front sight, I owned and trained with other night sights with a very similar front sight for comparison (Warren Tactical 3-lamp and Sevigny Carry 2-lamp). The ProGlo front sight is very easy and fast to spot in the draw stroke under normal indoor and outdoor lighting.

If you buy the AmeriGlo I-Dot set with the white outline front, there is the option to buy just the .220" high ProGlo front sight to match the I-Dot rear if you decide later to try it. The ProGlo front sight is available with either an orange or lime green ring. The lime green photographs with a definite yellow hue depending on the lighting (see examples 1 & 2).

AmeriGlo I-Dot
    [​IMG]

AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. Pn2

Pn2

Thnaks for that post, it gave me exactly what I was looking for, ordered the i-dot, will probably check it out and then see if the red dot is what i need or the white/grn is good enough. (that red dot sure shines out)