True....Coronavirus Gun Stories....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by V Gehts, Mar 29, 2020.

1. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

If unemployed masses turn to crime Democrats will use that to push for even stricter gun control.

Jcmg27, Will Beararms, Chui and 2 others like this.
  2. ruffhunter

ruffhunter

THE FUNGUS IS AMONG US!

3. gamecocks

gamecocks

Unfortunately my favorite LGS recently closed down, a small one in my hometown. Bought my 1st handgun from him, a Glock 19, six months after sandy hook. What a time to get into guns and shooting! Anyway, he did not mark up the price on the Glock, though it did take him a few weeks to get one in. He also had a little stash of ammo hidden away so that anyone who purchased a gun could get a box or 2 of ammo to go with it. So I started with 100 rounds and could go try it out at the range, which was saying alot at that time. I never forgot that, and gave him my business any chance that I could. In times like these, you learn who these business owners really are. I remember the good, and the bad.

4. Chui

Chui

PREACH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

I am seeing more empty long gun racks than empty handgun cases. Ammo is on the shelf for a little while and then it’s gone. Remington in Lonoke, AR was furloughing workers three months ago due to no business.....

6. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Much like the way liberals get fed up with and flee the liberal policies of states like CA and NY, but then continue to vote for liberal politicians and policies in their new states.

A zebra can't change its stripes.

Jcmg27, archery68 and 45caldan like this.
  7. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

I think this is very true. When I left CA over 30 years ago for Utah, I knew I had to adjust my way of thinking. Since then a lot of Utah has been overrun by people fleeing CA and bringing all of liberal policies with them. Places where we could ride dirt bikes and recreate in are closed, traffic has increased in the canyons to the point that some of the ski areas are charging big $'s to park, and real estate prices are through the roof.

8. Quickling

Quickling

The cycle will continue to go around and around. People only want those like themselves to have guns and nobody else.

There are plenty on these boards who have expressed that these "first time gun buying liberals" are "not the type that should be owning guns".

Meanwhile these first time buyers are saying "I need a gun to protect me from those Trump voters who shouldn't have been allowed to own a gun".

All the rich will still want to keep the guns away from the poor. Etc etc...

At the end of the day, the divisions in our hearts will continue to divide us, because we cannot step back and treat our neighbors as we would want to be treated. We cannot, even in these times of trial, believe that all rights apply to all people. Even if we don't like them.

BOB4521, Ovid, Jcmg27 and 5 others like this.
  9. jr24

jr24

Sadly mine still languish on consignment. It's ok, I haven't fully decided on which black rifle in .308 I'm building/buying next anyway.

10. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

I like how they put little pieces of scotch tape on the sides of the individual primer trays. As if nefarious types were spiriting off 1 or 2 primers from each tray.

-JCN- likes this.
  11. jr24

jr24

Ugh, so obnoxious. My local Fleet does that, and doesn't sell the 1000 packs, so it takes 20 minutes to package them up for me. Then into a hazmat bag so the checker can't scan them properly, and of course they gotta scan each one individually.

It's why I tend to just buy mine in bulk from the shop 45 minutes up the road.

Though, I do buy large pistol and rifle a few hundred at a time, so the process works ok for them

-JCN- likes this.
  12. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

I can understand people buying small quantities of primers at B&M for low-volume shooting. Like maybe a pistol guy bought a bolt gun to play with, etc.

But for your primary guns? I don't see any point in buying them less than 1 hazmat at a time, which is generally 30k. Same with powder.

13. CajunBass

CajunBass

I'd be willing to bet that's more to try to keep people from opening them to see if they're all there, then spilling the contents all over the place. ooops...

megawatt likes this.
  14. Jcmg27

Jcmg27

We
    ll said

15. BoomBoomStik

BoomBoomStik

If people are scared and feel like buying their first firearm, go right ahead. If they’re scared and want to buy more guns to “round out” their collection, more power to them. If they’re buying up ammo and hoarding it (think toilet paper), then I hate you and I hope you get hemorrhoids.

gamecocks and BOOSTED12A like this.