Trudeau blackface photo surfaces

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Taz

Taz

Ivan, you need to keep up with the ever changing definition of racist.

Not taking race into consideration for job, college, scholarships is racist.

Taking race into consideration for jobs... is racist.

Saying that the best qualified candidate should have the job, ... is racist.

Math is racist.

Science is racist.

Keep up dude!! If it can make headlines and be used as a talking point to make more $$ its racist.

2. Cambo

Cambo

If it's perceived by liberals as racist, I'm good with it. The only way to get them to stop crying racism, and accusing others of it, is for all of them to experience the insanity of it.

snerd likes this.

3. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Blackface WAS part of a legitimate costume in the days of minstrel shows and as recent as the 1930's with Al Jolson.

4. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Anybody, Amos and Andy?
    I was going to post a old "Chlorinol" ad but did not think it would make it through. :D

amos.jpg

5. Grayson

Grayson

To me, the big deal is the left's double standards. Were it some conservative politician, the left would utterly crucify him.

6. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

I won't get excited when they holler about the R's and refuse to get excited when it's a liberal. Don't care, won't promote this nonsense on either side.

7. Gundude

Gundude

The saying is "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", not "do onto others as they do onto you." Huge difference. One directs you to behave nicely to people, the other directs you to get revenge.

Conservatives shouldn't jump onto this ridiculous blackface bandwagon, but it's still mildly satisfying to see somebody so insufferably "woke" get eaten by his own.

8. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

They're already doing that. They say his actions show he's evolved.
    I wasn't aware those were the rules. The rules I understand are if you were racist once, you're a racist no matter what.

9. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

You've never seen Dave Chappelle play a white man? Oh, you need to find that on YouTube now.

treg and Just_plinking like this.
  10. Gundude

Gundude

Mr Meeseeks, Berto, treg and 3 others like this.
  11. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

12. Grayson

Grayson

I'd be highly satisfied to see even one lefty calling for Justin's head over this. Again, that's what grinds my gears. I don't think you make it as far as he has in liberal politics by being racist, he just made a dumb move, especially by today's standards.

I dunno about Republicans having been caught in blackface in the recent past, maybe a better example would be the Lt. Governor of Virginia. A Republican appointed Supreme Court Justice remains guilty just from the accusation of sexual harassment in the eyes of the left. But in the case of the number 2 executive of Virginia, the same people are more than happy to wait for the system to work (as they SHOULD).

13. B C

B C

Not it is face darkening.

8zzn.png

14. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

One double standard is that Liberals can do this and they get a pass but if a Conservative did the same exact thing, it would be a horrendous crime against humanity. The other double standard is that Black people can wear whiteface and it's OK.

The Wayan Brothers did it and it was funny as hell and no one was offended.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    B C likes this.
  15. treg

treg

Heard his pathetic "apology" on NPR this morning.

He's a vag.

16. JFrame

JFrame

I think the next step for the mainstream media is to call it "artificial pigmentation enhancement"... :upeyes:

17. DonD

DonD

He's just a trivial, liberal, wimp son of the worthless Pierre Trudeau.

Sorry, no passes for what he did, I don't care how long ago. When I was about 10, probably around 1957, an uncle was visiting from Ohio and my folks took us to a baseball game in DC. He referred to blacks as "darkies". Even then and I'm no civil rights workhorse, I thought he was being very disrespectful. No one in the car laughed.

And apologizing and seeing clips of him saying he's a feminist doesn't cut it. Hope Canada comes to their senses and votes this bozo out. Don

18. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

It's great to meet a true saint. Unfortunately most of us mere mortals have to make, and learn, from our mistakes.

NOT that I think he should be completely/automatically absolved because he's "apologized". I think that's total BS because of the way he wore the "face" and how many times he did it.

This is simply a comment on your statement, which is pretty harsh. If everyone was judged solely on their worst act with no chance of repentance we'd all be screwed

19. DonD

DonD

Spare me your cynical commentary. Didn't think there was anything in my remark that would irritate anyone, not that that would have prevented me from posting.

We have every right to expect more from our politicians, particularly those occupying high offices who are big on virtue signaling like Trudeaus is.

Do I have flaws? Hell yes, far more than I should and I'm not proud of them. Don

20. quasii

quasii

Look how quickly little Trudy's trying to shift all focus now to gun grabbing in Canada,,,

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-election/canadas-trudeau-pledges-assault-rifle-ban-pivots-campaign-amid-blackface-scandal-idUSKBN1W51KJ

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, embroiled in a blackface picture scandal, on Friday pledged to ban military-style assault rifles in the country’s most ethnically diverse city in a bid to get his campaign back on issue.

Trudeau is campaigning in Toronto with less than five weeks to go before the Oct. 21 national election and two days after bombshell images of him in blackface emerged.

“Thoughts and prayers aren’t going to cut it,” Trudeau said in Toronto. “We know you do not need a military grade assault weapon, one designed to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time, to take down a deer.”

JFrame likes this.