Truckers-no deliveries to defunded areas

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Rocks, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Rocks

Rocks

I love it!

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ce-departments

Quote:
    A popular trucking app called "CDLLife" polled its users Thursday and found an overwhelming number of drivers will not "pickup/deliver to cities with defunded/disbanded police departments." "Unless my company starts allowing me co carry my gun in truck I won't do it," Robert Adkins wrote.

"No cops= more Violence and targeted robbing," Scott Cuellar wrote.

"No I will not deliver to an area with a disbanded police department. My life matters and i do this for my family," wrote Casnpaper.

"I just turned down a load from Miami to st paul paying 3800 my life matter more than any other," wrote Carlos Barreras.

"Nope no load is worth my life," wrote Eddie Bean.

2. tm255

tm255

Truckers are modern day heroes.

They kept the supply lines open to places like NYC while ChinaVirus was raging and much about it was unknown, no doubt saving many lives.

Now with the above they are adding an exclamation point to the idiocy that is The Left.

3. slym2none

slym2none

#TruckersLivesMatter

tm255, JFrame, BOOSTED12A and 17 others like this.
  4. papershoot

papershoot

This along with white flight, chain stores choosing not to rebuild, higher insurance rates and falling property values, as these cities decline.

Rellik, cbetts1, marchboom and 12 others like this.
  5. slym2none

slym2none

Bad part is, those that can/are willing will move out and maybe start this kind of behaviour in better places. I have nothing against people trying to get away to better themselves, but don't change where you go into where you were. (That's how I feel about Blue people moving from Blue states to Red states, too.)

JFrame, BOOSTED12A, joecarp and 8 others like this.
  6. nursetim

nursetim

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving group.

fx77, The Machinist, BobbyS and 6 others like this.
  7. Zerodefect

Zerodefect I feel pretty.

As if they have a choice. Get back in the truck and pipe down, fatty.

They're mostly expendable fleet guys. They'll cave like they always do.

Maybe the real professionals have a choice, but they probably work for a company who's trucks are worth more than their weight in scrap, and won't send them there anyways.

8. slym2none

slym2none

So, next million-dollar idea - collapsible shielding that goes on the truck and trailer, flexible in a plate-armor way, so nothing (no one) can get in between your tractor and your trailer?

Glockdude1 likes this.
  9. scattershot

scattershot

How about just cleaning out that ****hole so nobody has to worry about it?

835mag, happyguy and BobbyS like this.
  10. Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

I love the truckers in California! When you're merging into the right lane on I-5, nine times out of ten the trucker in the right lane will pull over into the left lane to let you merge smoothly. I was pleasantly surprised.

This isn't southern California, mind you. :cowboy:

11. spork

spork Caffeinator

[​IMG]

12. buddyd157

buddyd157

i was lucky, that my route (of recent years) was close by the house (sort of) but had i still been an over the road driver, i too would deny going into war zones.

as it is, no matter what we haul, it's valuable to others.

even yes, lowly toilet paper.

had i still been hauling cigarettes, or Kentucky spirits, or electronics, or a trailer load of disposable cigarette lighters, the masses would have "hit the lottery", if they got inside.

back in the day, that poor driver, Reginald Denny got his near death beat down.??

i was actually with-in that area, but i had no idea about any troubles going on. i didn't catch any of it on news, believe it or not.

13. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Spoken like a true asswipe. Please go back wherever you came from.

To everyone else....we all appreciate the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  14. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

Reginald Denny would agree.

15. buddyd157

buddyd157

well, i was always a fleet driver, not any large fleet, unless in your minds eye, 300 trucks is......which i can assure you, it is not.

i had refused many runs over the years, for what ever reasons. rioting was never a thing to worry about however, not much of those ever happening.

they guys/gals that own thier own trucks/trailers have a huge investment in them as well as HUGE insurance premiums each month, something along the minimum lines of $1,500 per month.....you got that in your back pocket..??

fleet or ordinary company drivers CAN AND WILL speak up and refuse to go into some areas, for ANY reason(s), they do not need rioting to be one of them.

those large fleets spends hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly on equipment, insurance, and all other associated up keep on the equipment, and i can assure, you that they DO NOT WANT to have to call the family and tell them that the driver was killed in a riot, that THEY SENT THEM INTO.

when i think about an ignoramus, i will now think of you.

and for the record, your life is just as expendable.....you have no more value to anyone, than you think you do.

Bus007, Willard, cbetts1 and 4 others like this.
  16. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

You gave him way more respect than he deserved...lol. You are probably a better person than I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. buddyd157

buddyd157

when the time comes, he doesn't get his smokes, or his booze, or his ammo delivered to his favorite gun store, or online retailer, or his reloading supplies, then he will realize how non-expendable a trucker's life is to him...

Westexas likes this.
  18. buddyd157

buddyd157

i'm just older, wiser......more well learned.....in how to deal with stupid people.

Westexas and jmohme like this.
  19. Taz

Taz

They do have a choice. It’s a hard one fir sure as they will need to find other means to support their families, but everyone has a choice.

At some point every person reaches a point of diminishing returns. Cops, doctors, teachers, truckers... Screw with folks enough and they will walk away or screw back. Enough drivers say screw it and trucking corps don’t stay afloat for too long. What are they going to do, send the defunded cops out to arrest them??

The governors could activate the NG and use them to truck stuff, but that bill will be huge.

Rellik and buddyd157 like this.
  20. Zerodefect

Zerodefect I feel pretty.

They ain't going to do jack. Wake me up when they do.

They'll cry and moan into a cb radio for a month or two as usual. Nothing more.