GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
Wow, to live in a state where a “truck” gun is possible without the extreme fear that it will be stolen. And on top of that, if it’s stolen, the greatest fear is the cost of the gun.
My gun gets stolen out of my unsecured car, my CCW is suspended if not revoked.

A truck gun for part time CCW pocket carry? I would think of it as the other way around. A CCW gun I carry that I occasionally secure in my vehicle when entering a place I can’t carry. Get a car safe for your truck and carry that pocket gun would be my advice.
But everyone has their reasons to do what they do.

A pocket gun but inexpensive?In 9mm? Low weight for pocket carry?
SCCY or Taurus comes to mind.

But I think the weight is too much for pocket carry in gym clothes. I think a 380 would offer better choices for that type of carry .

·
17,599 Posts
Truck guns are guns that you make available for criminals to steal nd kill innocentpeople with. Hi-points are better for this purpose than anything more valuable but the victims will be just as dead thanks to you.

Any decent gun should never be left unsecured in a vehicle and locking the door does not secure the vehicle, and a safe bolted to the floor does not prevent the vehicle from being stolen and the gun ultimately removed from the vehicle.

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
Truck guns are guns that you make available for criminals to steal nd kill innocentpeople with. Hi-points are better for this purpose than anything more valuable but the victims will be just as dead thanks to you.

Any decent gun should never be left unsecured in a vehicle and locking the door does not secure the vehicle, and a safe bolted to the floor does not prevent the vehicle from being stolen and the gun ultimately removed from the vehicle.
In general, I agree but I understand that quick trip to the post office. A car safe is to prevent the smash and grab type theft when you temporarily can’t carry into a place. And even then, make it quick and keep an eye on the car.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I generally don’t leave firearms in unattended vehicles. I normally carry a full size gun. But I really like the 43x. A lot.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts