Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this:

And am trying to install this front sight:

But if you look at the rifle (S&W M&P 15 PC), the bracket on which the sight is bolted is so close to the handguard that the sight won't fold all the way down. I'm having to move the bracket to install the sight. The bracket is attached to a pin that goes into the handguard. Is that going to be a problem? Is that pin supposed to be all the way in?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
isn't that bracket connected to the gas tube?

I know this will look weird but if you install the front sight backwards it should still work the same and now fold forwards. it is not pretty but at least it will still work

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
isn't that bracket connected to the gas tube?

I know this will look weird but if you install the front sight backwards it should still work the same and now fold forwards. it is not pretty but at least it will still work
Thanx. But it's the wrong sight anyway. I need the one Troy has recently manufactured. Screw it.

Since I've already moved the gas block, and then returned it to its original position, do I need to pull the handguard to make sure the gas tube is properly aligned?

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
But it's the wrong sight anyway.
You need to get the front sight made for the gas block, not the one made for the flat top rail. They are of different heights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts