GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
OR...perhaps that Mr Biden would not be patriotic enough to allow the flyovers??
IDK...I would like to give Buck/Aikmen the benefit of the doubt...but my disdain for what our National Sports teams have become, is clouding my judgement
I just read that it was a hot-mic moment during pre-game. They didn't know their mic was on.
A lot of people will never look at Aikmen the same again, justifiably.

·
This is Barta!
192 Posts
And to
Screw the NFL and everything associated with it.

This coming from a 53 year old, life long Cowboy fanatic.

I'm done
And you ain’t missing much.

·
Aw sheet main
1,553 Posts
A local guy called in on a conservative radio station I listen to this morning. He thought they were being sarcastic. Who knows? Guess it’s a possibility?
I can see how that could have been intended like that. It could very well be they were saying basically that Biden would never allow that. I personally agree that he probably wouldn't.

More concerning for me is that people on our side think the flyovers are a good idea, and are "patriotic". The NFL, it's owners, it's commissioner, most coaches, the admin staff for the teams, and most of it's players support kneeling for the National Anthem. The people who watch those people play on TV, support kneeling for the National Anthem. The people who bought the tickets to attend, support them kneeling for the National Anthem. The people who buy NFL branded merchandise, support them kneeling for the National Anthem.

This organization and those people should not get a flyover. It's not patriotic to make those willing to die to defend our nation, honor those who kneel when the National Anthem is being played. It's no different than asking the military for an Honor Guard to present the flag, so they can kneel for the National Anthem.

Military Honors in any form should not be allowed for the NFL AT ALL, and it is NOT PATRIOTIC.

It's only patriotic when those who see it, respect and appreciate and what it represents.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
SCREW THE NFL AND ALL ASSOCIATED WITH IT. I just don't know how any conservative could actually watch and be interested in this POS business. This use to be a sport but not anymore. Regards to all at GT and now you have to very careful out there.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Yeah, Aikman really doesn't offer much insight for a guy who knows the game inside and out.
While I haven’t watched the NFL in a couple/three years now, I remember when I was watching that I thought how very little Troy Aikman offered as a color commentator. And I wondered how in the hell he was able to stay employed because he was never really able to show that he knew very much about the game.

But at a time when the NFL is dealing with double digit drops in viewership every week that even the announcers are on the air trying their best to alienate a significant portion of the fan/TV viewership base? The league should be just tickled with these two losers. Great timing guys. Way to go.

But seriously, if you are able to live a comfortable and wealthy lifestyle because others have chosen to serve their country and you did not, then you really should keep your negative comments to yourself as you have not earned the right to criticize. Especially since you were criticizing something which you know nothing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
King Doofus.
5,491 Posts
Someone needs to explain to them that the flyovers come out of the training budget and the hours count towards training. Actually, they shouldn't have to explain it to them, a person of average intelligence would look into it before running their yap.
I don't believe it was sarcasm, they were being straight up disrespectful. There will be many here that will defend these a-holes tho.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I hate Joe Buck with a passion. Guess what we refer to him as around my house? Substitute the “F”irst letter of his last name. Pretty accurate too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Haven't watched the nfl since the first knee was taken. I have been done with them since and will probably never go back.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
In their defense, the Hodge twins made a good point, they seem to think they were being sarcastic, and showed Troy Aikman’s top Instagram follows, which were Larry Elder, Tucker Carlson, and Donald Trump.

I’m sure many here don’t Instagram, I tried to find it on YouTube but it hadn’t been uploaded yet.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGn-K7njOiZ/?igshid=16afs7w3cvhim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
I guess how you see it is dependent on the outcome you desire and if you are looking for your daily outrage.

I took the jet fuel and tax dollars comments as sarcasm. Hell, it has been repeated on this very site in the past. I mean the stadium had what.....10k people in it?

The follow up with the Kamela/Biden comment I took as a dig at their lack of support of the military.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
While I think there’s something to be said about using jet fuel and airframe hours on so many games, Aikmen made it political.

I guess I’m in the minority, but I like Joe Buck as an announcer despite he clearly plays favorites. Certain teams he gets excited for and others it’s like he’s reading a dictionary.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts