close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trout Recipes?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Wulfenite, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

My neighbor brought over some brown trout which I'm planning to have for dinner. Any good preparation ideas? I'd prefer something involving use of the grill to minimize the fishy house smell.

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Place butter on piece of foil.

clean fish salt and pepper insides place lemon slices inside wrap foil and grill turn once. Hot grill about 5 min per side.

3. lwt210

lwt210

Haven't tried trout on the grill yet but we did talapia and catfish fillets last Sunday. About half we did with lemon pepper sprinkled on top and the other half we did with Zatarans Blackening rub.

Very tasty on both but I went too heavy on the blackening rub and those puppies had bite to them. Gave me killer heartburn but that may have been more from the amount of food I consumed other than the spicyness.

We use a fish grate coated in oil to keep from sticking. All of this over a real hot lump fire was a real treat. It may work just as well on trout but I suspect that one could come up with better stuff.

4. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

Grilled Rosemary Trout with Lemon Butter

Ingredients:
    4 tsp butter, softened
    1 Tbsp finely chopped shallot or onion
    1 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
    2 fresh rainbow trout, pan-dressed and boned (8 to 10 ounces each)
    1 Tbsp snipped fresh rosemary
    1 Tbsp lemon juice
    2 tsps olive oil
    2 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
    1 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley

Directions:
    1. In a small bowl stir together the butter, half of the shallot or onion, and the lemon peel; sprinkle with salt and coarsely ground pepper. Set aside.

2. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Spread each fish open and place skin sides down. Rub the remaining shallot or onion and the rosemary onto fish. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.

3. Grill fish, skin sides down, on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes or just until fish begins to flake easily.

4. Meanwhile, place tomatoes, cut sides up, on grill rack; dot each with 1/4 tsp of the butter mixture. Grill tomatoes about 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove fish and tomatoes from grill. Cut each fish in half lengthwise. In a small saucepan melt the remaining butter mixture; serve with fish and tomatoes.

Sprinkle fish with parsley. Makes 4 servings.

5. Medford4

Medford4 Hired Gun

In a coffee cup put about a large tablespoon of margarine. Microwave it till it softens, but before it turns into a liquid. Add about 3 or 4 large tablespoons of mayo. Sprinkle in a liberal amount of summer savory. Mix everything up. Season 4 or 5 whole trout with cajun seasoning (or your favorite seasoning). Spray a fish basket with Pam, place fish in basket, spoon mayo mixture into body cavities, close fish basket, then grill over medium-high heat about 7 minutes per side. yum-yum.