Trouble with Xfinity router

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jade Falcon, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Earlier about an hour ago, I noticed my internet connection was REALLY slow. I was on Craigslist at the time. So I restarted my computer and updated my virus software and ran scans, etc etc. Everything fine on that end.

So I've got a good connection....very good, in fact. Xfinity speed test for this computer shows me at over 380 mbs on a 600 mb plan.

The wireless connection to my phone seems to be fine as well. I use an Ethernet cable for the best speeds on my computer.

However, Xfinity is "having trouble finding your signal" in My Account.

I've restarted the modem through my phone. And I've unplugged the router. Still showing as not able to find a signal.

There are no outages in the area, HOWEVER, they are scheduled 3 days from now for a few hours late at night.

What's going on here? Is this just a case of Xfinity gonna Xfinity? I REALLY don't want to spend 45 minutes on the phone with someone in India before they get to the root of my problem.

2. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    I’ve had Xfinity for quite a while as well as my girlfriend. I’ve had many communications with them and I don’t recall any Indian people. And for modem problems it was never very long. I think they have things they can do from their end that you can’t do using the app. But the longest I’ve had to wait was a few minutes for the modem to reboot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

When I called them to set up my account, it took forever, and they re-routed me all the way out to someone out of the country; I assumed it was India. Actually, it could have been Mexico too.

4. NMG26

NMG26

Last time mine was acting up, I checked it online. Found out there was an outage in my area.

They can do quite a bit online nowadays.