Trojan help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by IHR, Oct 24, 2005.

1. IHR

IHR Appaloosa Rider

I use outlook and Norton IS. Any time I delete an email I get a popup asking if I want to let some unnamed program access to my outlook contacts list... yeah, right...

What I am looking for is that scanner that takes a snapshot of the process list, and analyzes for you letting you know what each task is, including which ones are suspicious.

Anyone have that utility, or a link handy?

Oh, and heres the popup...

[​IMG]

2. sdakota

sdakota senior member

I think perhaps the utility you mean is HijackThis! available HERE or HERE .

You can go HERE for an analysis of the log it produces.

Hope this helps.

3. MikeG22

MikeG22 CLM

Usually that is an office security update that causes that. Once you install it it can't be removed either. Do a google search for the message and that should get you to a piece of software that you can install that will automatically suppress those messages. Or you can uninstall/reinstall Office. Oh yea, one other thing, you might be able to go in and tell it to edit your messages with Outlook and not Word and that can hide it too.

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

5. IHR

IHR Appaloosa Rider

Update.

So it would seem that I do not have any viri or other mal-ware on my machines after all.

With the latest office2K patches and updates, this has become the normal action if any external program taps into the API, but does not have acceptable signed files itself. "There is no work around for this" says MS. So, I guess I just have to live with this as long as I am using Norton anti-spam plug in, or until they (Norton) gets their files signed to an acceptable to MS level.

Oh well... .

Thanks all for all the links!