close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Triple" action recoil spring/Glock 26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Sharky7, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Anyone ever tried this one out?

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=GK26DA
    Glock 26, 9mm Triple Action Recoil Spring/Stainless Steel
    [​IMG] When firing a modern pistol, the slide flies backward at great speed, and then comes to an immediate stop against the frame during recoil. This force and impact to the frame is constantly weakening the slide and vibrating the internal parts, causing cracks and malfunction and turning movements in the shooters wrist. This sudden impact causes a violent muzzle jump which temporarily throws the gun off target and upwards, causing a need for dual-action buffers.
    Our Frame-Saver Dual Action Recoil Springs offer these advantages:

• Impact: The elimination of the slide impacting the frame at high speed preserves the structure of the firearm - and your rather significant investment!
    • Muzzle Control: By changing the final backward movement of the slide from a sudden stop to a progressive stop, muzzle jump is greatly decreased by 40% giving you more control.
    • Function: No interference of ejection port or any feeding problems.
    • Progressive: This is a system designed to reduced the backward motion of the slide in progressive stages after the gun is shot. The effect of this system is that the recoil is reduced by 40% making your follow up shots much easier to shoot. This is a VERY effective system.
    • Stability: Better stability for your barrel. Stainless steel guide rod replaces plastic guide rods for superior barrel support and function.
    • Better Accuracy: Progressively slows down your slide from heavy impact against the frame. Works just like a car shock absorber, reducing the slide impact. Lower impact means less recoil, accurate recovery of the weapon for on-target accuracy is better achieved, shot after shot. Even expert shooters can benefit from lower recoil.
    • Lower Frame Shock: The slide is one of the heaviest components in a semi-automatic pistol. Upon firing, the slide slams back with great energy against the frame. Frame Saver Dual Actions springs can lower this slide impact dramatically, preventing excessive wear, cracked slides and damaged frames, particularly on modern polymer framed pistols such as glocks, Sigmas & HKs.
    • Drop In Fit: Direct replacement for your factory spring assembly. No modifications required.

2. Asmodeus6

Asmodeus6

In for detailed experience.

Curious to know whether this kind of thing is more hocus pocus - or if they really work.

3. nedfolks

nedfolks

Very interesting indeed.

4. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

I've seen it and thought looked interesting, but I was waiting for someone else to try it and post results before blowing the money.

5. ABACABB

ABACABB

I would wonder if maybe it might cause FTEs from not enough inertia. especially in you 9mm. If that sounds dumb let me know so I don't say that crap outloud again

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  6. goldenlight

goldenlight

No, your question is dead on. If the spring doesn't 'match' the pistol closely (properly), it CAN cause either FTE, or FTF (feed) if the slide doesn't go all of the way back.

I'm curious about this too...

7. blaster_54738

blaster_54738

a buddy of mine says he knows a guy who has one for his 21 and he said they are awesome and worth the money, reduces muzzle rise and stuff, didn't specify what "stuff" was. he's waiting for his tax returns to buy one for his 21, i told him he's nuts because his gun works fine so why put money into it when you could buy ammo. he didn't understand i guess

eta that was the dual action spring though

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

My gut instinct is that it would not make the gun more reliable. At the risk of souding tacky, were I in a financial position to where I could afford enough ammo that a damaged frame or cracked slide was a real concern, I would not have to wait for a refund check to buy a spring. Or a couple replacement guns, even.

9. blaster_54738

blaster_54738

why fix what isn't broken. how many thousands upon thousands of rounds have been put through thousands of glocks with the stock recoil spring with no issues. i see this as a fix to a non-existant problem.

10. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

In Other News, EFK Fire Dragon has announced that their products, made from special magical pixie dust, are able to transmute up to 20% of kinetic energy into "Anti-Energy", which then counters an additional 20% of the original Kinetic energy, resulting in a net reduction of kinetic energy by 40%.

11. bigdogmurph

bigdogmurph Lifetime Member

Thx-1138, okay okay stop with the math problems i can't do with my fingers and toes!

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Yep - even if you want unnecessary experiemental non-glock parts, they should at least claim to serve a needed purpose.

13. j-glock22

j-glock22

"When firing a modern pistol, the slide flies backward at great speed, and then comes to an immediate stop against the frame during recoil. This force and impact to the frame is constantly weakening the slide and vibrating the internal parts, causing cracks and malfunction and turning movements in the shooters wrist. This sudden impact causes a violent muzzle jump which temporarily throws the gun off target and upwards, causing a need for dual-action buffers."

REALLY?????????:crying:

14. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

Again, if it ain't broke don't fix it, if your G-26 is running fine like it is, leave it alone.

15. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

I'd say buy it, try it, then give us a full review=somebody has to be the Guinea Pig! There is/was one of these on Gunbroker a couple days ago, guy said he sold his 26 and took it out although it worked great, would he say otherwise?

16. tango44

tango44

What's wrong with your original guide rod?

17. jglsprings

jglsprings

:popcorn:

18. ghilliefool

ghilliefool in the bushes..

So many companies make this sort of thing. I have been abusing a G26 since the year 2000, 10 years later it still works fine. Also, 9MM recoil? If its hard to handle a nine mil than maybe sell it off and get a .380 or .22 like a Walther or something more comfortable to the user of the firearm instead of swapping out perfectly good Glock parts that were made to work, fire, and save lives VS replacement parts that nobody has heard of...

19. Seawolf

Seawolf

Careful, Glock tried this sort of thing with the new Gen4 and cool aid drinkers took to the streets with pitch forks and shovels.lol

20. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Nothing. I'm not planning on replacing it with any after market product.

Just found the idea interesting and wanted to know if the extra spring was "gimmicky" or if it truly reduced recoil. Curious if Glock will made the new 4th Gen Glock 26 with an additional recoil spring as well.