Trip to the local Gun Shop and one idiot

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glock-n-Talk, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Glock-n-Talk

Glock-n-Talk

Went down to the local Gun shop to finish paying off my pistol order today, Gave one employee my money and he took off to the back to get me a receit. A man walks in the shop and goes up to the counter where a second employee was standing. They both say hello, then the customer Lefts up his shirt pulls out a Glock, holding it hip high as he reached it out toward the counter pointed strieght at the employee's stomic. The clerk turns to the side fast like and says "Woah! don't point that pistol at me! The man replies " I'm not an idiot, I didn't bring the gun in here loaded". The clerk replied "I don't know that its not loaded". "Well ..I didn't mean to scare you the guy say's. The clerk chk's the Glock and it was not loaded, he let it drop and asked how he could help him.

I was standing just down the counter about 4 feet away, when he pulled that gun...I didn't go for my carry piece or anything I did take a step back and toward a gondola, the whole thing seem to happen so fast. I walked away down a isle,to look at some holsters. A few minutes later I catch the guy telling the clerk he needed to go out to his car and would be right back. Soon as he was out the door I turned to the Clerk and said, You were right...Just because he knew the gun was not loaded, he sould have still treated it like it was loaded and what was up with just pulling it out like that in the first place. He said: "Yeah..Most people ask me if they can take out thier carry piece or atleast let me know they are going too" I then told him about when I was in a pawn shop last year a guy walks in to a local pawn shop I was in and hands the clerk a pistol, say's he wanted to pawn it, the clerk takes the pistol starts to chk it and the guy told him "Don't worrie it's not loaded" He racks the slide back anyway and a live round shoots accross the counter.

The guy with the glock was wanting to buy a pearce extension for his glock. I had went back to the counter and
    he was asking the clerk how to install it on the mag, The clerk seemed to not know how to, so I showed the guy how to depress the retaining pin and to be sure he didn't let the guts fly out by holding them in with his thumb. That's when I saw it was a Glock 27. I sure hope he learns how to handle himself and that Glock. I mean the guy turned out to be a pretty nice fellow,Just not to bright I guess.

2. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

There's one born every minute, if not faster.

3. mixflip

mixflip

I was in a shop one day and a kid (early 20's) walks in and asks to see a Taurus semi-auto something I forgets now exactly. He looks down the barrel for a long time. The salesman asks him what are you doing son?

He says "checking the spirals"...

4. Onmilo

Onmilo

You can't be denied for being stupid.

I can remember several incidents in the shop where customers came very close to being shot or actually had accidental discharges in the store.

5. fusegsp

fusegsp

I heard a guy that owns a local gunshop tell another customer he's lost count of how many times he's been swept by muzzles from customers guns. I used to think this guy was kind of a jerk but I think I'd be kind of brusque too if I was in a situation where I had to deal with a lot of idiots (particularly ones with guns they don"t know how to operate). He said people walk in the door,which has a sign that says all guns brought in must be unloaded, and hand him a loaded gun with no warning.

6. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

Saw that happen to, both in gun stores and at the range to the point where employees had their hands on their firearms. I am amazed by the cavalier attitude some people display, but I guess the mother of the stupid is always pregnant right?

7. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

:wow: He could have gotten shot for doing something like that, what an idiot. Some people simply should not own guns.

8. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

I guess when the wrote the 2nd amendment they didn't realize just how dumb some Americans would end up.

9. dakrat

dakrat

spirals :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. ronin.45

ronin.45

I ran a gun shop/range for years and couldn't begin to guess how many times I've been swept by guns loaded and unloaded. It is definitely hard to stay polite sometimes.

My tag line below says it all.

11. .357 Glocker

.357 Glocker

I always feel like I should be wearing body armor when I walk into a gun store. Once I was looking at some rifles on a rifle rack and the guy behind the counter decided to pull his carry piece to show his co-worker the new sights. Of course he points the thing, loaded no doubt, right at me.:steamed: The other day I'm in a gun store and the guy behind the counter is walking around twirling a Glock on his index finger like a bad cowboy movie.:faint:

12. das9mm26

das9mm26

Ummmmm...
    Isn't that the part where the "CLIP" goes in?????????????????
    Or...is that the OTHER doohinkey????:shocked:

13. bac1023

bac1023

14. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

A couple incidents at the local gun store.

As I was about to open the door there's a shot. Just inside the door a man shoots the floor with a "unloaded" gun.

The store owner shoots the manager's father in law in the face with a "unloaded" 9mm.

These were people that had been around guns for many years.

15. EKUJustice

EKUJustice

The holster shoppers are always the ones to watch out for. They usually will walk in "you have a holster for this" and whip it out or walk over to the holsters, pull the gun out and start jamming it in holsters loaded. Use to help a buddy out at his shop and you would be surprised of the idiots. Had a person known for not being very safe whip out a glock, drop the mag and rack the chamber clear with finger in the trigger guard and muzzle pointed right at me. This caused a no handleing of loaded guns sign to be placed on the door and in the shop. Police officers were notoriously bad for this. Whip the gun out, try holsters etc and when corrected "oh im a police officer" and get a little mad when told the rules apply to them also.

Those fools are why they dont want concealed carry at gun shows which are a breading ground for them. All it takes is one idiot to try out a holster with his carry gun and have a ND and being that crowded the odds are someone is getting hit as the muzzle is rarely pointed up when they try it out

16. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

[​IMG]

17. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

I have seen some gun shops have signs on the front door asking concealed weapons not allowed.

18. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

No, you didn't "step," you "bladed." Real gun owners never step, they always blade.

19. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

??
    Thought clerks were the only problem??
    :supergrin:

20. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

I get pissed when gun shop employees un-holster their sidearm to show someone their new toy and sweep three people, including me, after he reloads the piece before re-holstering it.

Then when I mention it to a senior member of the staff I get told to "Forget about it"!