Trijicon RMR04 7MOA Dual Illuminated Red Dot + Glock

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by MaximaDrvr, Feb 21, 2013.

1. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

I picked up the RMR for $444.50 from Amazon, and it arrived in 2 days, with free shipping. The next best price was optics planet for $467, and $550 (MSRP) at the LGS.
    I decided on the non-LED version, so I don't need to worry about batteries, LEDs, or adjustments. It is always on. The tritium is supposed to last for 10 years. This means I pay $44 a year for night time/storm use, but it will work as long as there is a sun. 7MOA is the smallest DI dot offered. I looked at the 9 and 13, but felt they were too large for what I wanted. I may regret that decision later, but only time will tell.

Here is a picture of the RMR with just the tritium dot. I only have one lamp on, so there is not enough ambient light for the fiber optic to have an impact. Iphone picture:
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the RMR during the day,when the room is much brighter. Iphone picture:
    [​IMG]

For the weekly update:

Sent the slide of to L&M Precision to have the slide machined.
    Slide machined, rear sight relocation, bottom plate for RMR, filler panel for if RMR removed, and refinishing the slide in cerakote came out to $310.

So far:
    $444 RMR-04
    $80 Ameriglow Suppressor height night sights
    $145 Mill slide
    $35 Move rear sight
    $8 bottom seal plate
    $65 filler panel for slide if RMR removed
    $55 refinish slide
    $30 shipping both ways
    Total:
    $862 in addition to the G35

Mark sent me these photos.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/JDriver18t/P2152271_zps31bed5ec.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/JDriver18t/P2152270_zps5282e0ef.jpg

G23 OD frame, lone wolf XXL barrel and DC1 recoil spring locator, extended controls, spring kit.
    Also have threaded .40, threaded 40-9, and stock G35 barrel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All in all, $860 for the RMR, milling and associated work, $450 in barrels, and the glock frame that I choose to use that day. The threaded barrels are for a Thompson Machine QMF-2 that arrives in an untold number of months (approval wait game).

I figured that I would share for all of you out there considering the awesomeness of going this route.

2. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

I dont understand paying to move the sight. Why not jsut leave the sight in its stock poistion and have the RMR placed in front of the rear sight?

3. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

Larger holster selection, and from the reading I have done, it is actually faster than having the sights in the rear.

4. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

Fair enough. Makes sense now that you put it that way. Obviously I do not have an RMR, but I am thinking of getting my 35 or 24 done. Thanks for the new perspective.
    :supergrin:

5. Mike Papa

Mike Papa

Also, the rear sight offers a little protection to the glass when placed in front. And Mark Housel does great work!!! From the proud owner of a G19T1, Glock 19 with ATOM mount and Aimpoint T-1 Micro. :thumbsup:

6. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

The only downside is that it is harder to clean the lense off if it gets crap or buildup on it.

7. RMR17

RMR17

I have read somewhere that you can get a protective film like one that goes on cellphones like Iphone screen protectors.Seems like it would help.

8. DeLo

DeLo

I didnt realize that you could put a 35 slide on a 23. Very nice set up.

9. JBP55

JBP55

They do not interchange.

10. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

You have to buy a lone wolf conversion barrel and recoil spring relocator.
    A 23 XXL barrel and DC-1, which run about $200 total.