Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In a separate thread I talked about how I could not get my Buffalo Bore 180 Grain 1350 FPS to feed properly in my Glock 29.

One of the first things I did when after I bought the Glock 29 was to send it to http://www.onesourcetactical.com/suareztrijiconrmrinstallation.aspx?variation=27329#.VmG_Ysq1OvJ
and had them mill the slide and mount a Trijicon RMR on along with Suppressor Sights. Suarez did a great job, and with my old eyes I need all the help I can get.

The gun was working great until I loaded it with Buffalo Bore Hot hollow point ammo mentioned above. I then got failures to feed. I contacted Buffalo Bore and told them that I was getting Failures to Feed when I used their ammo. I was told that they test their ammo on a STOCK G29; if I have modified in any way, they can guarantee it to work. That was clear!

I decided that was fair, and there was plenty of other good and powerful ammo that did work in the modified gun. I then called Suarez to inform of this incompatibility. I was told by the young lady who answered the phone, that she would have "Tom" call me back, he was in meeting at the time. I'm still waiting for that call to be returned...........

My conclusion is that Buffalo Bore is pressing the limits of of the Glock 29, at least the batch of BB ammo that I bought.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
What happens when you remove the RMR?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What happens when you remove the RMR?
While that's a good idea and I thought of it myself; I don't care. I used up all my BB ammo or gave it away. All other ammo works great. I like having the RMR on my gun for a couple of reasons. Underwood ammo works well, along with other ammo. I would need to buy more of the troublesome BB ammo to find out if removing the RMR would let me use it. At this point, I no longer care.

BTW, I don't think it's the power of BB that causes the problem, it's the shape and OAL that makes it hard to feed.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Try changing the recoil spring
Oh, I tryed that! I ended up buying every guide rod/spring that the Glock Store sells. None of them worked with BB ammo!

That was an expensive experiment!$!$!$!

:horse::50cal:---------:deadhorse:

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom got back to me, explaining that he was told that I was having problems with my slide.

Below is my response to him:

Tom,

Yes, but it's not your responsibility. I'm a big boy and you did a great job in doing what I asked you to do.

My Glock 29 with the RMR still works well with all ammo I have tryed, with the exception Buffalo Bore 180 grain, 1350 FPS hollow points. I was getting failures to feed with BB.

I contacted Buffalo Bore about this issue. I was told that they tested their ammo on stock Glocks and do not guarantee it to work if ANY modifications to the stock gun were made. Okay, that's clear enough. If I'm forced to choose between removing my RMR or stop buying Buffalo Bore ammo the choice is easy; I'll not buy any more BB ammo. I have found other brands of powerful ammo that works very well with the RMR mounted on the G29 slide.

It's my belief that BB is push the operating limits of the G29 with their hot ammo, not because of the power, but because of the geometry of the bullet. It's blunt and very long.

I'm offing this information to you, just so you are aware of the incompatibility. Perhaps the combination of the modified slide and BB bore ammo that is already pushing the limits of the G29 has resulted in FTF on about every 8th round.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Dave

Reactions: bustedknee

·
Banned
4,321 Posts
That's asking alot from the G29. A G40 would be much easier.

I agree, just use regular shaped ammo.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That's asking alot from the G29. A G40 would be much easier.

I agree, just use regular shaped ammo.
I don't think the G40 was available when I placed my order for the G29. Then again, the G40 is over two inches longer and I like the way G29 slips behind my belt. The G40 would been a lot less expensive, had I known about it.

I discovered that when I carry Mexican, a Glock in a MIC holster tends to rotate and fall into my pants. The RMR and grip form a "T" that holds the weapon firmly in place resting on my belt. I'm very happy with my little G29.

BTW, the slide on the G29 is the exact same width as the Trijicon RMR, making it look like they are meant for each other. See the photo of the weapon in my avatar.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I discovered that when I carry Mexican, a Glock in a MIC holster tends to rotate and fall into my pants. The RMR and grip form a "T" that holds the weapon firmly in place resting on my belt. I'm very happy with my little G29.
A MIC isnt a holster, perhaps you should try an actual holster designed for the 29

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
A MIC isnt a holster, perhaps you should try an actual holster designed for the 29
I have a custom made holster for the G29. It's good, but I like the MIC better. Sometimes less is more. I think it depends on how you are shaped. I have a narrow waist and some dents that the G29 fits into, even with the long 15 round magazine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts