close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trijicon Night Sights

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jojo_G19, Aug 7, 2004.

1. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

cno may experience na with trijicon night sights?? im planning ks to buy one for may beretta cougar .45, hindi ba siya(sights) masabit when carried inside?

how bout the intensity of the lights(or what ever u call it)? trijicon offers 3 different colors with different variety for the front and resr sights, what do u guys thing is the best color or combination?

cno ba magaling maginstall nang night sights??

BTW, baka may BOGs dyan ma may alam na night sights which is much better than Trijicon,, please let me know para naman mas maging wider ang options ko.

tnx
    jojo

2. rhino465

rhino465

None of my night sights are Trijicon brand, but I prefer green dot in the front with green bar in the rear, or just a green dot in the front.

3. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Si McO yata naka trijicons sa G19 nya. You can also look at meprolights.

For me, i prefer all green dots. :)

4. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

I have the Meprolight & Ameriglo and have seen the trijicon. I prefer the Meprolight , the dot is a bit bigger (especially the white ring ) in diameter and glows brighter.;)

5. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

How about getting instead the Heinie Straight 8 Night Sights?A lot of I.D.P.A. shooters or law enforcers prefer it over other night sights in the market today.

jmy

6. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

thaks guyz,

i look it up

jojo

7. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Another option would be the Big Dots:

[​IMG]

8. jasonub

jasonub

i had trijicons in my usp. its considered to be thje best and one of the toughest bet expensive.

9. paltik45

paltik45

Our eyes respond better with green colors. Thats why they put "GREEN" lights on traffic signals. (seen on History Channel:) )

10. Saruman

Saruman I carry a GLOCK

go with meps if they have them for your pistol.. white plastic inserts are easier to see and would not fade due to solvent cleaning.. trij has white paint around the tritium vials that comes off when cleaning the gun with different solvents.. mas mura pa.. big dots are good if you don't intend to shoot more than 10 meters.. after that, accuracy suffers.. dalawang sentimos ko lang po..:)

11. 9MX

9MX Rei!

meps are fine and price reasonably. i currently have a green dot on my G17's front sight.i chose amber dots for the rear

12. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

I agree with the Mepros. They have improved their quality and is now one of the best (including the price). I agree with Hermo regarding a bigger dot (better sight picture).

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Meps and Trij quality/performance, it's a wash. Although the meps are brighter, I found the trij sight picture cleaner (not sure why.) Kaso the trij white outlines has the tendency to peel off lalo na kung malagyan ng hoppes/cleaners, maybe the newer ones have improved.

As for installation, go with a smith or somebody who has a tool for it. Or yo can do what I did and used a screw driver and a hammer. ;f

14. Kiddo

Kiddo

Hindi ba masisira yung gun or sights with a hammer and a screwdriver? How do you accurize the firearm after installing the new sights? I wanna learn how to install new sights.:)

15. JuDGe

JuDGe

Matibay ang MEPS! ;f

16. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

I guess with Glocks madali ang sight installation as long as you have the front sight tool and rear sight pusher ba tawag don? I think one of the BOGs have one of those. As for McOliver's hammer and punch technique medyo kakatakot lang. Konti lang ang pukpok hanggang sa visually inspect na gitna na sya. Then iputok mo baril mo preferably using a bench para ma-minimize ang galaw ng kamay mo. Trial and error method kapag fixed sights. Just my .02 centavos.

17. 9MX

9MX Rei!

find someone with a glock sight installation tool.

18. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

It was a risk I had to take and I suggest you don't do it. ;).

I was stupid and did not oil the channel (bone dry after the brake cleaner treatment, duh!) when I inserted the sights. Half way though the channel it no longer budged. So I had to hammer it in, using the plastic grip of the screwdriver as the impact area and a towel on the floor to proctect the slide. The sights and tritium vials survived, the screwdriver's grip didn't. ;f

Most glocks I've shot require the sights to be pushed more to the right (when viewed from the back)...must be my eyes. A strong wood or brass rod and a small hammer to tap the sight in place is all it takes to zero your sights. Just oil the channel first before you decide to move it. ;)

19. bass one

bass one

That explains why people ignore the red light and just speed through it.;f

20. jasonub

jasonub

here is the way some smiths do it. vise the slide and hammer the sight in the dovetail from right to left an aluminum block is used to protect the finish.