close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trijicon inserts

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by wingz, Mar 5, 2006.

1. wingz

wingz speed not power

To all BOG's,

good day po sa inyong lahat. i' m a newbie, and i would like to ask for some infos sirs. gusto ko lang po sanang magtanong kung saan ako pwedeng mag pa-insert ng trijicon nightsights around the makati area for my tanfoglio 9mm and how much do you think this will cost? Thanks.

wingz

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

I don't think anybody does that kind of sights enhancement locally.

;F na din pala.

3. wingz

wingz speed not power

ganun po ba? what other option can you advice sir, gusto ko po sana na maging functionable din ang sights ng unit ko at night or in poorly lighted areas. Thanks, glad to be a member of BOG.

wingz

4. RATRAT

RATRAT

;F ;F
    Sa Final Options, makati cinema square meron silang bagong dating na Truglo Trijicon Night Sights nasa 4k plus price.
    try mo baka me fit sa model ng baril mo!

-----------------------------------
    "Be afraid of no man,
    No matter what size.
    When trouble threatens, call on me,
    For I shall equalize”– Glock 17

5. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Final Option has TruGlo BRIGHT SIGHTS. They are not made by Trijicon and are not night sights. They only use ambient light to enhance your sight picture. In short, kailangan may light parin around you because they do not emit their own light. They don't have tritium inserts. Tritium night sights like Trijicon and MeproLight are pretty expensive. Trijicons were something like 8500 a set sa FinalOption and Mepro's went for 7500 sa Stronghand.

Your best bet is to get have a good gunsmith custom fit night sights for you. Buy a set that closely matches your sight slots and pa fit mo nalang sa smith.

Good luck bro! And welcome...

6. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

unlike other bogs here, i dont like the 3 dot configuration, i takes too long for me to know which is which(rear or front dot) in low light, sa horizontal ako nahihirapan, try mo rin, plain rear with tritium fronts. its faster, coz your eyes are drawn to a single dot and lastly, even in low light tritium or not, you can still see your rear sight, i you could identify your target(friend or foe) that means you can see your rear sight.

7. Sweater

Sweater

MEPS is a better choice. But if you want an adjustable, Bomar makes a rear sight with a TRITIUM outline.

8. Sweater

Sweater

9. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

+1 to this observation. I've retained all the stock rear sights on my guns and have only changed the front sights. For me, the bright front sight is easier to acquire on its own. Of course, YMMV.

10. wingz

wingz speed not power

bikethief,

Thanks sa info sir. medyo mahal po pala ang tritium insert night sights, i think i'll have to dig for something na medyo mura, kulang pa po sa budget.what about the fiber optics thing that i once saw at the range? i also heard that it costs less than 2k including gunsmith fee, is it true? does it also help in low light situations? Thanks again.

wingz

11. wingz

wingz speed not power

thank you sir for a new & valuable info sir. how much do you think this front sight insertion of tritium night sight will cost? and if the budget allows me sir, which gunsmith can you refer? thanks and pasensya na po sa dami ng tanong, newbie po kasi.

wingz

12. wingz

wingz speed not power

mine is a 3 dot sight. good idea mr. big sir. thanks ng marami.

13. wingz

wingz speed not power

BOG sirs,

Salamat sa lahat ng inputs, sarap dito ang daming kuya.
    Thank you ulit.

wingz

14. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

I have no idea regarding the front sight installation cost since I did all of them by myself. It's an easy operation with the Glock.

Also, I don't think you'll be able to find just a front sight locally, as all the night sights I've seen come as a set (front and rear).

Regarding fiber optic sights... these are useful when there is enough ambient light to illuminate the fiber optic element. In total darkness however, you won't be able to see this type of sight.

Another option that you could explore is the use of luminous powder similar to that used in wrist watches. The concept is discussed in this thread: http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=497308

15. wingz

wingz speed not power

mikey177,

nice info. got to go & dig in it. thanks bro.

wingz

16. rhino465

rhino465

I shoot at night/darkness at least a couple of times per year. I agree with adding the tritium to just the front sight. If you're going to get it in the rear too, you should get a contrasting color (if two dots), or get a bar in the rear or another dot like the Heinie sights.

Having tritium just in the front works exceptionally well when using a flashlight. In low light to complete darkness, you should be using both anyway.

17. tima1

tima1

What I have on mine is an orange front and green rear. Works pretty well. Specially in really low light conditions.

18. wingz

wingz speed not power

To all BOG sirs,

Thanks sa mga input na ibinigay nyo, nagkaroon ako ng good insights regarding the use of sights in low/no light conditions, and i finally narrowed my option in using /inserting night sights on my full size combat 9mm tanfoglio. any store/ place where i can find one which suits my gun? paki na rin po ng price kung may info. thanks ulit mga kuya.

wingz